ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟠

Chapter 8 - An Inseparable Bond

"For the things that cannot be"

~*~

Two weeks after her first lesson with a lightsaber, it was time for Aurelia to move into the higher-class padawan dorms with Anakin. With an extremely late start in her Jedi training, she broke the record for being the fastest Jedi padawan learner in the history of the Jedi Order. With Aurelia as Anakin's new partner as padawans, the Council suggested that she move into his dorm which was much larger than her previous room. Both padawans were most appreciative and excited about this decision and they moved her in just a matter of days.

Aurelia and Anakin slept on opposite sides of the room and had their separate desk spaces. Aurelia had several pictures of her home in Sleadia hung on her wall. The green pastures of Ulesville, soft and luscious. She had photos of her friends and family, all thanks to the Republic's records who had filed most of them from their Earth secret research station in Ireland. It gave her a sense of peace and tranquility while she was so far away from home. All of her memories came rushing back. All of those lovely years when she was just a child with a free spirit. She remembered when she was 8 years old, her and her friends reenacting The Princess Bride in the woods off the bluffs to the East of the castle. They'd run between the trees and fight with wooden swords the guards had carved for them. They'd say their lines, of which "as you wish" was Aurelia's favorite. Imagination ran wild in those woods, which they had dubbed "The Brocéliande Forest" after the forest that Merlin resided in. Aurelia remembered her rich memories in her family's library which was diverse in culture. She read about the French, American, British, German, and Russian cultures, all of that were similar but different in many respects. Some of those memories were the highlights of her childhood.

Anakin didn't have many mementos to cherish but he did have a few. One was a necklace his mother had given to him before he left Tatooine to become a Jedi. He wasn't allowed to wear it, as the Council was afraid he'd linger on an attachment to his mother, but he hung it on his wall so that he went to sleep every night thinking of his mother. Aurelia thought it was a sweet thing to do, expressing to him her thoughts on the Jedi attachment rule. He agreed with her on many of her thoughts which brought them even closer.

Aurelia never told Anakin her thoughts and feelings for their Master. She wouldn't dare tell a soul. But neither would Anakin of his infatuation with the Naboo Senator, Padmé Amidala. They had their secrets but Anakin wouldn't be able to keep them from Aurelia for long.

It was one late night after harsh training against each other when the both of them were sound asleep. Aurelia usually had dreamless sleep when she wasn't having tossing nightmares of the day she was kidnapped two months prior. However, this night she didn't have a dreamless or a nightmarish sleep. It was a dream, or rather a picture, of a beautiful young woman. She had long wavy brown hair around the sharp yet soft features of her face. Her dazzling auburn eyes spoke wonders from her kind expression. Her clothing was rich and elegant, deserving of a royal or a politician. Aurelia had never seen this woman before, nor in any picture or even mentioned. So why was she appearing now? Why such an elaborate picture?