ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟙𝟚

Chapter 12 - A Car Chase, Just Like The Movies

"Long and lonesome"

~*~

It was dark when Padmé had finally decided to turn in for the night to get some rest. Anakin had urged for it consistently for most of the afternoon, but the Naboo Senator was adamant until she was too exhausted to stay awake any longer. Aurelia had assisted her friend to bed, making sure she was comfortable and without stress. She had programmed R2 with Anakin to scan for any movement during the night. Further, still, Captain Typho had installed security cameras within the bedroom for the Jedi and his security detail to keep an eye on the Senator. Padmé and Anakin were hesitant toward the idea but had no control over the decision.

An hour passed and both Anakin and Aurelia were content with the way things had been progressing. Padmé was sound asleep and breathing peacefully to escape the worry of the conscious. Her servants and assistants were comfortable in another room, half-awake for any emergency that would require their assistance. And as for the three Jedi observing the entire plan, they had been calm and at peace. Well, most of them. Anakin and Aurelia remained in the common room to keep a look out during the night, but Obi-Wan had traveled down to the control center to check in with Captain Typho.

Resting on the couches with the lighting dim, Aurelia yawned long and hard, for what she thought was the hundredth time. Anakin was pacing back and forth by the glass door to the balcony, his brows furrowed as they gazed upon the tablet he held in his hands. Although, when he heard Aurelia yawn yet again, his eyes drifted from the tablet and locked on his friend.

"You should sleep, Aurelia. You've had a long day." He reasoned.

Aurelia shook her head as another yawn encroached within her lungs. "No, not yet. I can't sleep until this job is done and Padmé is out of harm's way."

Anakin lowered his arms and sat beside her. "Aurelia, you're not going to be much help if you're tired. You'll be sluggish and you might be put in danger yourself. You must rest, for the sake of your life and others."

Aurelia stared at him long and hard through tired, droopy eyes. She was reluctant to leave her post but Anakin had been right. She would be no help to them if she was not at her best and that meant that she'd need to get some rest herself. She sighed and turned away from him, gathering a blanket from beside her as well as a pillow. "Alright, Ani. I'll sleep."

Anakin smiled and patted her back, but Aurelia's attempt to lay down was quickly squashed when Obi-Wan re-entered the room with a quick step in his stride. "Captain Typho has more than enough men downstairs. No assassin would try that way." He reported, sliding his brown cloak off his shoulders to be placed on the back of one couch. Then he looked up to his two padawans who had stood from their seats to greet him. "Any activity up here?"