ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟝

Chapter 5 - Do Not Try, Do

"In the silence of your deep"

~*~

"Again!"

Aurelia groaned in a mixture of frustration and pain as she tried picking herself off the tile floor in the training room. "Master, I can't go much more!" She yelled at Obi-Wan as he circled the perimeter, observing the exercise he had given her.

It pained him to push her so hard, but he knew she was ready. She was holding back the capability to control her power, to wield it within her hands. Every time she tried, the power became too much for her to handle, blasting her back into the wall again and again. She could do it; she could complete the exercise, but she didn't believe in herself. "No, Aurelia! You are going to keep trying until you complete it." He yelled back at her as she steadied herself on her weak feet.

She grunted at him and walked toward the center of the room. Closing her eyes, she thought of something peaceful, something she loved and admired from Earth. Something she could connect to and feel the Force with. An image of the Force. The beach was the first thing that came to mind. The warm soft sand between her toes as the ocean waves washed against her ankles, sinking her feet further into the grains of sand. The gentle sun covered her in a blanket of never-ending warmth that comforted her even more than anyone could imagine. But that's when things went wrong. The sky began to cloud over and a strong cool wind blasted by her. Her hair whipped violently in the wind, slapping her face and stinging her cheeks. Her eyes began to water and soon her eyes were a flooded mess of tears, her fears reaching out for her. She tried to grasp at something, anything, but she couldn't as the ground disappeared and only darkness surrounded her.

Then a small, quiet voice spoke into her ear. "You can't do it. You'll never be able to stay in control. Because I control you."

"No!!" She screamed, then was awakened from her meditative state, once again being thrown back into the wall harder than ever before. She fell to the ground with a harsh grunt, losing the will to get up again.

Obi-Wan saw her defeat, his heart thumping to a slow pace as it fell to his knees. He walked over to her limp figure, kneeling down beside her, only then realizing she was crying. He placed a caring hand on her shoulder, catching her attention. She slowly turned onto her back, resting her sweaty head on the hard tile, tears falling down to her ears. She couldn't get that voice out of her head. It was sinister and evil and dark. She could sense it. It was everything that Obi-Wan had described to her about the Dark Side. Desolate, lonely, and evil. But why was she getting that feeling and experiencing that power when she only desired to do the good and just thing? It confused her, but most of all scared her.