ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟟

Chapter 7 - Jedi Training

"Hide my yearning"

~*~

The atmosphere in the Jedi Council chambers was stagnant and tense. The density of the air was so crushing that Obi-Wan Kenobi could hardly breathe. That morning Obi-Wan had entered the chambers to consult the Council about Aurelia's request. He wasn't particularly stressed about the situation since the Council had inquired about training her into a Jedi multiple times, but the intimidation that they all possessed was what brought sweat to his brow. The Council members looked at each other, communicating silently before they turned to Obi-Wan with their final decision.

"Obi-Wan Kenobi, you have trained Princess Aurelia well." Mace Windu spoke. "She has achieved control of her power within the Force. We are pleased that she has requested to be trained into a Jedi and learn to use her power for the good of the galaxy. And though it is against the Order, we will grant you the privilege to train her as your own padawan alongside young Skywalker. They both are powerful and strong in the Force and will help each other while challenging one another. We hope that you recognize this and use it down the road.

"With that being said, Aurelia's Jedi training and learning will remain with you. Train her well and thoroughly."

Inside, Obi-Wan rejoiced. His heart pounded against his chest harder than a steel hammer on iron nails. He tried resisting a smile but it persisted and slowly spread across his lips. He bowed to the Council in thanks.

"Thank you. I will do as requested of me." And with that, he exited the room peacefully.

When the doors closed behind him, his two padawans came running around the corner with curiously excited eyes. Side by side, Anakin and Aurelia shook like anxious children on Christmas morning. Obi-Wan couldn't help but smile brightly at the two.

"So, what happened?" Anakin asked expectantly.

"What did they say?" Aurelia added.

Obi-Wan sighed and touched their shoulders in delight. "They approved of it. You're going to be a Jedi in training, just like Anakin." He announced and the two squealed.

Aurelia was the first to jump into his embrace, thanking him over and over again. It was the news she had been waiting for. She had been waiting and pondering in her room about it for the past week as Obi-Wan was trying to get a meeting with the Council about the matter. And now that their decision was made, Aurelia couldn't contain her joy. When she released Obi-Wan, she turned to Anakin. The two hugged each other tight enough that Aurelia was lifted off the ground as Anakin squeezed her as hard as he could.