ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟞

Chapter 6 - When The Night Ran Cold

"Darkness, Darkness"

~*~

    That night, Aurelia could barely sleep a wink. Her mind was consumed with the thought of becoming a Jedi. What would that be like? To be one of the major people to keep peace throughout the galaxy? To wield a lightsaber? To fight evil? It was an overwhelming thought that tugged her in both directions. She longed to be a part of a bigger purpose than just a lost Princess with the Sith after her. She wanted to be useful. Do something more to help. But then again, she also needed to return to her people and give them hope. She was already away from them for too long and she needed to get back. But then there was Obi-Wan Kenobi.

    Her face flushed red just at the thought of him. He had been there for her every step of the way toward accomplishing total control over her power, and he had given her the encouragement that she needed most. Her heart fluttered at that fact. Even when she refused to take help, he forced her to take it, and it ultimately benefited her in the long run. He knew that she had potential even when she didn't see it. He could see that hurt and loneliness in her eyes, and he was there to comfort it. To bring warmth and a sense of love into her life at the lowest moments of her trialing mind. He had captured her heart and sent that running chill down her spine whenever she saw him first in the morning at breakfast and then while learning about history and the ways of the Jedi in the Archives. She would be lying if she said that she wasn't lovestruck.

    But then that dark voice came to her again. "He'll never love you. He's held to the Jedi Order, the Jedi Code. He is not allowed to love nor will he ever love you and sacrifice anything for you. Forget about it. Forget about him."

    Aurelia immediately sat up in her bed, quickly placing her hands on her head. She could believe it. She wouldn't let it. But she also couldn't deny the truth within that statement. She knew he was bound by the vows he had committed to as a Jedi, and if she were to become a Jedi, she'd have to follow that same rules. But she also couldn't deny her heart. Even in a strange world, vastly different from life on Earth, she still and always will hold on to her values and morals, and way of living. A world where compassion and love are essential to get through difficult times. One can never do anything alone. And that was what she knew for a fact, having come from experience with running her kingdom. It may have been small, but it was large enough to teach her that she couldn't handle it on her own. So she had appointed several of her close friends as her aids and close help. It was a bit more professional than she had wanted but she was thankful to have them at her side through it all.

    She also knew that feelings were a major part of being human, being real. That's why she cried a lot more than she wanted throughout her training. It was her way of displaying hurt and tiredness. To show that she needed help and at least a small bit of aid or encouragement. And she was overwhelming thankful when Obi-Wan and Anakin had obliged her with the help she needed. However, there were still many instances when Obi-Wan continuously told her to keep going, to suck it up temporarily, and push forward. Even though it was excruciatingly painful and harsh to push forward from the ground, she did it anyway and rose to the top. But her emotions remained to be a major part of her personality and life. She wouldn't give them up for the world.