Ch.3- Safe and Sound [M]

(Yes there is smut in this chapter towards the end of the chapter. If you don't like that kind of shit than don't read it I guess lmao. This chapter is super long btw😭)

Y/N POV

"Single file line!!" The instructor yells just as I feel my back elbowed by the heavy set man behind me, telling me to speed up as we walk down the grimy halls of the maidens court. I turn back to give him an unwelcoming stare then focusing my attention back to the other server in front of me in effort to keep up with the pace.

Every month the Kim's make us go through procedure evaluations as a way of checking that we are doing everything right. I used to not mind them when I was little, it gave me something to do rather than work, but ever since the old instructor died and had been replaced the process has become a lot more draining.

As I drown out to the sound of bare feet being dragged along the wet brick floor of the den I stare up at the foggy clock on the wall. The numbers are now tiny and worn out over the years but I can make out the time... 7:56.

'Shit, maybe this wasn't a good night to be meeting up with Jennie.' I cursed myself in stupidity.

"What was that miss Y/n"? The instructor paces her way over to me, giving me a disapproving glare, trying to intimidate me.

"Nothing, I swear. It's just I'm a l-little late to something."

'Well fuck Y/n. You stuttered. That's convincing I bet.' I mentally slap myself.

My confusion breaks at the muffled laughs behind me from the other servers like myself. They just think I'm crazy thinking I have somewhere to be. Like servers have important stuff to do outside of cleaning.

"Late?" She questions, quirking a brow at me. She doesn't believe me at all. Nonetheless I still stare up at her with hopeful eyes

"I'm sure what ever 'important stuff' you have to attend to can wait. Are you happy? You held up my line. Now we're behind schedule. Move it"! She gives me a firm slap on my back signaling me to speed up and follow the rest of the line.

'I need to find a way out of here.'

The instructor walks a little bit ahead of me seemingly distracted or doesn't care enough to pay attention. Either way I see this as an opportunity. I spot an open door right beside me and I take the chance. Slipping out of the line swiftly, I wedge myself between the door and out of the halls undetected.

Once I'm out of the dark halls I quietly close the door, hoping the old thing doesn't squeak for once. To my surprise every thing goes smoothly. Once the cost is clear I give a hearty giggle at my success.

I take a good look around me and realize the area is familiar. This room is drastically different for the maidens hall. It's bright, lively and covered in gold platted walls with the most beautiful hand crafted furniture. Not to far off ahead a commotion of voices can be heard. Hearing the echo the voices give off I can only assume it is leading me to the dinning halls.

Before I exit I take a quick look around for a clock. Finding one it reads 8:00. Perfect timing.

I quietly enter the long enchanting hallway of the Kim's estate checking to make sure no other worker spots me and sends me back to where I came from.