Ch-8 Invasion

November 6th, 1923
London, France, 8:02 am
3rd person POV (Mr.Kim's office)

"What do you mean they broke through the walls?!" Mr. Kim shouts as his guards stand there conflicted on what to do. Panicked and startled.

"Sir they must've come late into the night. We have no idea how they broke through but they are in the streets and heading towards our side of town. It is best that we evacuate the town in order to keep everyone safe. We have bunkers on the lower East side for all the wealthy and upper middle class." They politely inform him trying to mask the worry in their voice.

Mr.Kim sighs, head in hands as panic floods his brain. Something that has never happened in his years of assisting Frances security malware.

He reluctantly turns towards his guards, a single one of them not sweating over the grave circumstances.

"How much time until the army hits town?" The guards all look at each other. Searching around for a accurate estimate.

"Around an hour and a half sir. Just enough time to get a majority of the town into the safe zone. We have calculated that even with the high likelihood percentage of survival that around 10 to 12 thousand are estimated to be dead by nightfall. The army has doubled in size since we last checked up on them. We cannot face them head on. We need to surrender with an army that size."

Mr.Kim takes in the horrible news, it all not being able to sink in fast enough.

"Are you saying there is no way to stop this?" He shouts angrily.

"Yes sir, there is no stopping it, the British army is coming for us."

(Jennies POV)

I wake up to the sun hitting my eyes. I can feel the warm rays hit my skin and send shivers through my body. I try to shift my weight gently so the Angel beside me doesn't wake up. I silently laugh at how close she's holding me, I can barely even move over. Once turned, I look over at her and cherish her face as long as I can as it feels like these days we don't get enough time to do that. She always looks so pretty in the mornings but today I can tell this time she's been crying do to the puffiness in her eyes.

I reach up and put the palm of my hand against her cheek and rub my thumb against the pad of the smooth skin. For a second I swear I can almost see a small smile on her face.

After looking at her for a while, with a quick kiss to her nose I turn back over. Immediately I see the expensive engagement ring laying on my bedside table in all its glory. The light reflects off of it, it surely is beautiful but nothing of value to me. Not anymore. 2 years ago I would've had a much more positive outlook to the engagement but now things have changed. I met someone, someone that's worth fighting for...speaking of someone-

In that moment I feel two delicate arms wrap around my waist, holding me tight. I feel a face being buried in my neck, inhaling my morning scent. I smile as she starts to kiss across the skin on my neck. I put my hand up to her precious head and run my finger through her long locks.

"Good morning ." I whisper with a childish smile on my face.

"Did you sleep alright?" She asks a little more hesitant to my answer. She worries about me and that's something I'll always love.