Chapter Three: Madame Blanchet

Disclaimers:
Flashbacks
Harus thoughts
Yoongis thoughts
(I wish WP had colors or something)
✖️✖️✖️✖️✖️✖️✖️

June 2013

Haru drummed her fingers nervously on her thigh as she waited. This was it. This was everything he worked for. BTS was debuting at the Melon showcase and she knew Yoongi must've been nervous, but she was probably just as jittery as he was.

Her phone dinged, and she hurriedly checked her texts.

"We're on in five. I love you."

Haru and Yoongi had been separated for three years now. Although Yoongi tried to come down to Daegu as often as possible, it wasn't often enough. Between school, work, and training, he was stretching himself very thin. Haru felt for the exhaustion she often heard in his voice, but selfishly she felt more for her own loneliness.

Their calls were down to a couple of times a month and aside from the pictures they'd text, they hadn't seen each other in months. She missed his hugs and handholds the most.

Yoongi didn't even have the opportunity to show up to her high school graduation in 2011, although he had promised her he would. She looked around at all the attendees when her name was called, expecting he would have somehow been there. But she knew it was impossible, as he had texted her the night before to tell her he was sorry he wouldn't make it.

"They're making cuts tomorrow. I can't make it. I'm sorry."

When she got home from her graduation, half a bouquet of hydrangeas were waiting on her doorstep. She knew without a doubt that they were from Yoongi. Haru's spirits were instantly lifted, but she worried, wondering just how hard he must have worked to be able to afford them.

Haru was supposed to start college the year after graduation, but she had deferred her scholarship while waiting for Yoongi. She couldn't fathom leaving the country while he was still training, or at all, for that matter. Not without him.

Those three years of torture and uncertainty came down to this very moment. To this debut.

Faces came into view on her TV. The camera showed Yoongi for a split second and she became elated and bursting with pride.

The words 2 Kool 4 Skool appeared with a bulletproof vest emblem in the middle, and then the music began to play. She dropped to the floor in front of the television for a closer view.

The group fanned out on the stage. And there he was in a beanie hat with glasses atop, decked out in gold. So much gold. It couldn't have been real. No way in hell it was real.

Her eyes were glued to Yoongi and only to him as he danced. The scream that left her body watching him lift his shirt to flash his abs was embarrassing, to say the least. That was not her Yoongi. The guy didn't even take his shirt off to go swimming. But she loved it all because she loved him.

She became even more excited when he took center stage for his rap. "Yes!" She threw her hands in the air as she watched him deliver every line without a single hiccup. The happiness she saw on his face made the past three years worth all the pain.