Chapter Twenty Eight: Reality Check

"How much for avocados?!" Yoongi's wide eyes took in the price of the items on the screen. "Lotte Mart has lost its rabid-ass mind." He whispered to himself as he added the avocados to the cart. It was no wonder why so many people living paycheck to paycheck had difficulty affording healthy foods. Grocery shopping was practically highway robbery and made it very clear that if he ever decided to stop doing Hanna's shopping, she would not have such heart-healthy options at her disposal. Not that the thought had even crossed his mind. His situation now had nothing to do with the understanding he and Hanna had forged long ago.

There was a knock on his home office door before Jiwon stepped in. Fresh-faced, hair damp from her shower. "Hey," he greeted, looking up briefly before continuing to scroll through fruits and produce.

"Morning." She replied sweetly. "I have to get going, but I left you breakfast ready."

Yoongi looked up at the woman as if she had two heads. "You actually ate something?"

"Ha-ha." She rolled her eyes. "Not yet," she added sheepishly. Her answer almost made Yoongi simultaneously roll his own eyes and laugh at the absurdity. Of course, she hadn't eaten. Jiwon's first and last meal of the day was usually around three in the afternoon. And he wasn't sure what having a late dinner with his parents the night before would mean for her already unusual eating habits.

In time, Yoongi learned about the quirks that made up the woman. Besides learning about her eating schedule, he discovered she was detail-oriented and ran a tight ship regarding work and business. Jiwons every moment was planned down to the second, and before she agreed to anything, it had to be run by her digital planner. This worked for Yoongi because Jiwon was so busy ninety percent of the time that he could dive back into his music. With all the pent-up anger coursing through him, he needed an outlet, which usually came in the form of a beat or sixteen bars. Lately, he had only conjured up crumbled sheets of lyrics, which he three-pointed into trash bins. With a brain so jumbled and clouded, he couldn't even think straight long enough to write. He mostly sat at his desk, looking at blank pieces of paper and ruminating over the demise of his life. It physically pained him to witness how he had lost his touch. If he dropped a new album, as he had started to consider, it would be filled with recycled songs from a time when his feelings surely didn't mirror the ones he felt today. Feeling so impotent and uninspired eventually caused him to feel utterly and completely...

Lost.

These were times he would usually turn to his members for support. He could always count on Hoseok to produce an idea for a beat or melody, whereas Namjoon always comes in handy with poetic lyrics and inspiration. They weren't on speaking terms right now, as Yoongi was still too angry about the events at the listening party. Honestly, a part of him was also ashamed. The only contact he had with any of them now were the occasional times Jin popped his head into his office hoping to make small talk or passing Namjoon in the hallway and pretending they didn't see each other.

Wednesday coffee mornings with Leila became obsolete as he refused to answer the calls and text messages where she tried to apologize. She was his best friend, and he confided in her in ways he hadn't done with any of the guys. Being vulnerable with Leila came with ease because she understood him better than most, which is why it was so troubling to witness her putting him in such an upsetting predicament. She would've hated him if the shoe were on the other foot, and because of that, he found his anger justified.

Still, when the ticket to Mia's end-of-the-year concert appeared to have been slid under his door, there was no doubt the couple had still added him to her list of attending guests. Mia was only ever allowed four tickets, as were all students. BTS was not the exception to that rule, no matter how often Jimin went to the school attempting to sweet talk his way into an extra one. Two tickets obviously went to her parents; the other two were usually divided between whoever the little one chose. But she almost always picked Uncle Yoongi. It was a phenomenon that blew even Taehyung's gasket after the third school event he had been denied attendance to. Mia told him to stop being a baby and that he could come to show and tell instead.