Chapter Nine: This Magic Moment

Yoongis thoughts
Harus thoughts
✖️✖️✖️✖️✖️✖️✖️

What's the worst that can happen in two hours?

Yoongi believed that that question he asked himself completely jinxed the next two hours. For starters, an accident occurred in the area rendering them stationary for almost an hour. That meant that he and Haru were sitting in a car together with Mia's oversized car seat between them. Not only was the silence already vexing to him, but the fact that the car seat was pressing his hip into the door was irritating him.

Their driver, Do-Yun, was happily humming to a song on the radio, and Yoongi wondered how the man could be so annoyingly calm when the car was moving at the speed of a dying tortoise.

Yoongi gripped the headrest before him to pull himself away from the door. "Do-Yun Ssi. Is there any way we can drive around the accident?"

Do-Yun shook his head. "The cops are directing traffic. We must follow their instructions." His tone showed just how calm his personality was. Like he didn't mind sitting there for an unholy amount of time.

Yoongi rolled his eyes and leaned back with a grunt that humored Haru.

"You must not remember what it's like being a regular person." she chortled. "Sometimes," amusement crossed her features when she leaned forward to look at him."Our social status does not make us above the laws of traffic."

He narrowed his eyes at her. "Why do you do that?"

"Do what?"

Faux innocence didn't suit her, in his opinion. "Act like I'm some kind of a stuck-up jerk. Like I flaunt my money and status for superiority."

Haru raised a brow. "And you don't?" Last she remembered, he said he could call her company and have her fired.

"No, I don't."

She attempted to turn and face him in her tight seat. "Did you have the entire place we're going to close down today so you could go shopping?" He didn't need to answer her. Haru already knew he had.

Yoongi tried to find a good reason for what she had guessed correctly, much to his aggravation. "Well, that's because it's extremely difficult to shop with people following me around. I could get my mother a robe, and someone would snap a picture, implying I'd gotten it for my secret lover. This ensures privacy."

"So, is that not using your status for personal gain?"

"I mean, yes, but it's necessary."

"Is it? Or are you just too good to be around us common folk?"

She was being a wiseass. Yoongi wasn't a fan of her jokes being on his account. "I'm sitting here with you, aren't I?"

Haru's lips parted as she digested the words he had already regretted saying. But she brought out the absolute worst in him at times. It was like she had forgotten who he was. He had changed, yes, but not the way she was implying. He didn't believe he was stuck up or conceited, and he most definitely did not exploit his fame for personal gain.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean-"

Haru put a hand up to silence him. "Leave it alone." She didn't want to argue with him in front of a four-year-old, and she also knew the things she had jokingly said did hold some weight. She had offended him first, and he was only defending himself. Still, it was a reminder of who they were today. It was unfair for her to hold him to the standards of the man she used to love. He wasn't Min Yoongi from Daegu anymore. He was Suga of BTS, and she was common folk.