Chapter Ten: Unbecoming

His date's mouth was moving, but Yoongi had blocked out all sound. For what felt like the umpteenth time that night, Yoongi smiled and nodded. The truth was, he wasn't listening to a word the girl was saying. For the past hour, he had sat through Jiwons stories about meeting with world-renowned fashion designers and the hardships of her modeling career. She was a sweet girl, gorgeous, and her looks demanded the attention she deserved, but she was only twenty-five. Her lack of experience seeped through every conversation, which made Yoongi uninterested in listening. He didn't need to hear about the dramas of the modeling world or how her friends were jealous of her career. He didn't give a shit. He had only come on this date because Hobi had pressured him to do so. Yoongi also needed to prove that he wasn't avoiding this second meeting with Jiwon because Haru was back in the picture.

"Jiwon is a sweet girl, and she likes you a lot. Lord knows why, but she does, and she even planned out your next date." Hobi argued as Yoongi aimlessly dragged files across the computer screen. He wasn't doing anything important, just trying to look busy, hoping Hoseok would take a hint and leave. "She said she's been texting you."

"I've been busy," Yoongi answered.

"Oh, come on! One date won't hurt. Do you want to be cooped up in this studio for the rest of your life? When's the last time you even spent a night with someone?"

"That is none of your business! And I'm not cooped up here. I'm working."

"One date!"

"Nooooo!" Yoongi bellowed exaggeratedly.

"Would you happen to be saying no because of a certain ex-girlfriend coming back into the picture?"

Yoongi stopped dragging the cursor across the screen. This decision had nothing to do with Haru and everything to do with him, just not wanting to meet up with this girl again. He barely got a word in on their first date. "No."

"Good, because in case you forgot. She's married."

"What?!" Yoongi slammed the mouse down, feigning shock. "Haru is married?! What?! I had no idea!"

Hoseok rolled his eyes as he sat down on the couch. "Okay, smartass. All I'm saying is to give her a chance. You might like her." Yoongi knew he wouldn't. She didn't align with his ideals, and Hoseok knew that. How he forced Yoongi felt more like a reflection of what Hoseok secretly wanted. Yoongi was starting to think Hoseok was using him to experiment with what the dating field was like. If he thought Jiwon was so great, then why didn't he go and date her? "Unless you're still caught up on Haru, that is."

Yoongi looked over his shoulder at Hoseok. He was annoyed with how often Haru was brought up in a conversation that had nothing to do with her or their past. "Fine, but I don't want to hear another word about my dating life afterward." Hoseok jumped up from the couch, breaking into an overly excited dance and flailing his arms around before shaking Yoongi aggressively by the shoulders.

"And I know I'm young, but I'm ready, you know?"

Nod and smile.

"Are you?"

Nod and smile.

"That's great! I'm so glad we're on the same page. It's hard to meet a man ready to settle down and start a family nowadays."