𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧, 𝙞𝙣 𝙗𝙚𝙩𝙬𝙚𝙚𝙣

-

XI
stay in my memories !

-

Kim has her head on the desk in english class, doodling stars all around the page header of her paper.

Stu is behind her, tapping his own penicl against the hardwood desk in a tune, humming along with it. There's two minutes until the bell rings. Then, all juniors will be let out for "junior fun day". Which is a cute little activity day courtesy of the class of 1997 student body.

Stu's turned in his seat, his head craned in order to look at the blonde. "Your neck." He mouths silently.

Kim scrunches up her brow, looking down. She's wearing a v-neck, and at first glance, she doesn't see anything wrong. "What are you talking about?" She whispers, looking up at him with a puzzled expression.

With a sigh, Stu leans over and picks up a handful of her hair, brushing it behind her shoulder. "That." She looks down again, and this time, with her hair moved, she can finally see what he's talking about. There's a small mark bruising into a darker tone on her collarbone.

"Oh, fuck."

"What was that, miss Smith?"

Kim closes her eyes, grimacing. The last thing she needs is a detention for profanity from her bio teacher. She opens her mouth to defend herself, to tell Mr. Litman that he's tripping and she didn't say anything, but the bell rings, saving her ass.

In a swift motion, she swoops her books up from her bag, and scurried out the door, keeping her head low in hope of slipping out before Litman can write her up. She presses her back against the closest locker outside the classroom door, waiting for Stu to come and grab her. "M'lady," he greets, holding his arm out for her to take. She does so, dragging him down the hall, and to the staricase. She knows Sidney is upstairs in English right now, and she has to catch her and Tatum before she loses them in the crowd outside.

"Really, Stu," she groans, dragging him up the steps. Stu frowns, but he knows exactly what she's talking about, "a hickey, seriously?"

He's clearly on the verge of laughing, but he shoos the obvious smile from his face. "What? That's not my fault."

"Oh, it's totally your fault! What happened to our "no evidence" rule?"

Stu cocks his head as she drags him around the corner and to the English hall. "Okay, so it was an accident!" He shrugs, wincing halfly at how hard she's tugging on him.

"You fucking liar."

They're about eight feet away from Sidney's classroom, which still has students filing in and out of it when Stu grabs ahold of her wrists, causing her to spin around in a secmi-circle before he gently pushes her against the row of lockers behind them. "You don't like everyone knowing that you're—"

Kim grunts, attempting to push his body off her. Don't say it, do not fucking say it. If he says it, she might quite seriously lose her mind completely right now. "—Mine." He finishes.

She feels weak in the knees, folded, searching for the strength to shove him off leaning against her. There's absolutely no space between them in this moment, and she's simply not equipped for that. "Jesus, fuck, guys! In the middle of the hall?" Here comes her strength.

Sidney has exited the classroom, her book bag hiking up her shoulder with her face all scrunched up. Kim shutters, shoving Stu's chest off of her own with a scoff. "Yeah, you perve." She snips, grabbing ahold of Sidney's arm and dragging her along instead now. "Come on, I need you and Tatum."

Stu flings his arms in the air exasperated, making a funny face that mocks one of a small child pre-tantrum. "Show me attention!"

Both girls roll their eyes, shuffling down the main stairs. "You're pathetic, Stu." Sidney teases, sticking her tongue out.

They hit the bottom of the steps, and there's Tatum just twenty feet away. She's leaning against the sociology doorway, investigating her newly done nails and looking extremely unbothered. She pushes off the doorframe with a kick. "Okay, so what in the hell took an eternity for you guys to get down here?"

Kim sighs, grabbing ahold of her wrist, and dragging both girls the opposite way of the yard doors backwards. "I need you." The blonde mumbles.

Tatum shoots a look at Stu, who's now standing in front of the door, palm on the handle as he watches them move backwards as a unit. "Where the hell are we going?" She asks.

Stu gives her a guilty grimace, then smirks as he backs out the door, his eyes wide. Kim's still dragging her two friends until the reach the nearest bathroom. "Please tell me you have concealer on you?"

Now, Tatum knows in an instant what all her friends' fuss is about. "Of course I do."

The three girls enter the school yard about ten minutes later than everyone else. Instantly, they find Randy, Billy, and Stu playing bag toss with a few other girls. Stu notices their arrival right away, and he tosses his bean bag, posing after it falls directly into the cornhole.

"You see that?" He asks Kim once she approaches. The strawberry blonde smiles, rolling her eyes at him for the second time in an hour.

"Yes, I saw it."

Stu frowns, his arms around her neck as she leans against him, back to chest. "Not impressed, are you?"

Kim scoffs. "Yeah, no. Not at all."

"Ouch." Stu has his arms crossed in front of her chest, his nose muffled into the right crook of her neck. His breath is hot on her skin, shivers flowing down her spine. The warm feeling engulfing her has becomes so natural, she's used to it.

On the other side, playing for the other team, is Tatum, Sidney, and Christina. Christina shares Intro to Business with Tatum and Kimmy. Christina throws her bean bag across, which lands in the grass, and then turns to Sidney. "Are they together?" She asks, gesturing to Kim and Stu, who're still happily wrapped around each other.

Sidney frowns, biting her lip curiously. They are, she knows they are. But are they really? "Uhm. . ."

Tatum clears her throat. "It depends on who's asking." She isn't trying to call off as hostile, but that is what she does best.

Christina quirks her right brow, scoffing. "I was just curious." She shrugs, playing it off as Randy throws his bean bag into their cornhole.

Silently, Sid and Tatum share glances, because Christina is not just curious. After a moment, and it's Sidney's turn, she sighs, trying to play it off cool. "Are you interested?"

Christina grimaces, looking down at the blooming green grass. "Curious, is all."

Tatum and Sidney share one last telling look before paying attention back to the game. Kim and Stu are still across from them, and Stu is holding onto her upper forearm and helping her swing the bean bag and toss it.

It lands in the hole, and as soon as it does, Stu lifts her from her legs and begins to cheer with her on his shoulder. He's bouncing up and down, causing her face to jiggle each time while she laughs. They look happy.

AUTHOR SPEAKS !

this is quite literally the second to last chapter and i'm sobbing😬😬

it's ok guys there WILL be a spin off!! i'm doing 5,6,7 so don't forget about me💔

also this was supposed to be SO much longer but i have some people holding a gun to my head on my message board and if i don't post soon i think i might die. so this is unfinished but it's a cute little flashback chapter so WHO CARES???
anyways next(FINAL) chap will be up within the week(and by that i mean REALLY soon bc it's already completed and i don't want to leave you guys hanging for too long) LOL see u soon