𝐭𝐞𝐧, 𝙟𝙪𝙨𝙩 𝙤𝙣 𝙩𝙞𝙢𝙚

-

X
four warning shots !

-

The large movie screen flickers, and Sidney's mother appears. She's being filmed exiting her car, and it doesn't look like she's aware she's being recorded. "Oh, Sidney. I was so pretty, wasn't I? Everybody loved me. Haven't you missed me, Sid?"

Kim can sense Sidney's body go frigid and umoving. That's her mothers voice. "What's the matter? What're you staring at? Don't you remember your mother?"

Sidney's is looking blankly at the film rolling in front of her as a man appears next to Maureen. They're at a motel. Carefully, Kimberly leans forward and grabs ahold of Sidney's arm. "Sid, we should get out of there.Like, now." She urges.

They're too late. The killer enteres from behind a large pillar. He must have found another way in. "You're not going anywhere, Sidney. It's time you came to terms with me and mother," he steps in front of the screen, the projector illuminating in front of him. "Maybe you never knew her at all, maybe you just can't get passed the surface of things!" He rips his black robes from his chest, revealing a bullet proof vest. Who the hell is this guy?

"Who the hell are you?"

The ghost leans forward just a little. "The other half of you. I searched for a mother, too. An actress named Rina Reynolds. Tried to find her my whole life, and six years ago, I did. I actually tracked her down, knocked on her door thinking she'd welcome me in with open arms. She had a new life, though, and a new name. Maureen Prescott. You were the only child she claimed, Sid. She shut me out in the cold forever. Her own son."

Sidney's breathing heavily, and a beat passes before the killer jerks his mask off, revealing his face. "Roman Bridger, director. And brother."

Kimberly gasps, her hand cupping over her mouth. He was dead fifteen minutes ago. She wants to say something, to fucking scream, but she can't find the words. Apparently Sidney can't either, because both girls are speechless as they watch Roman inch closer.

"She slammed the door in my face, Sid. Said I was Rina's son, and that Rina was dead. Then I thought," he pauses, "what a great fucking idea. So I watched her," he gestures at the film playing behind him, "made a little— little family film. It seems, Maureen, mom, she really got around. I mean, Cotton was one thing. Everybody knew about that, but Billy's father? Now that, that was the key. Your boyfriend didn't like seeing his daddy in my film too much. He didn't like it at all, so once I supplied the motivation, all the kid needed was a few pointers. Have a partner to sell out in case you get caught,"

Kim's face turns into a scorn. Because it's true. Billy had forced Stu into this mess, and now they were in it together for the long run, no way out.

"Find someone to frame, it was like he was making a movie."

Sidney finally opens her tightly shut mouth, hatred covering her expression. "You— all of this was because of you!"

"I'm a director, Sid. I direct."

"Oh." Sidney huffs mocklingly.

"I had no idea they were going to make a film of their own. What a film it turned  out to be, right? I mean, introducing Sidney the victim, Sidney the survior! Sidney the star!"

Sidney scoffs, looking around exasperated. "Fine! You've got what you wanted, hereo and villain face to face. You know what happens now, the villain dies!"

Roman snaps his fingers, almost smirking a little. "Exactly! But I'm not the villain, Sid," he starts to back up in the direction he first emerged from, "you are!"