Chapter 3: Let's Talk Peptalks

F/B - Favorite Breakfast

F/J - Favorite Juice

Narrative Pov.

Ever since the encounter he's had with his former math teacher Charlotte Lott. Y/N couldn't stop thinking about the kiss he's had with her and the thought that she was finally back in his life. Although that's not what kept Y/N awake at night, it was the flashy images of what the next stage of the promise he was promised by Charlotte who agreed to meet up with him whenever she got the chance to deliver what she promised him all that long ago back in high school. The kiss, including her return, has been in Y/N's mind ever since their reconciliation. However, Y/N couldn't think why she didn't do it when she was still his teacher. Y/N was 18 and he was pretty much legal, although he did just remember that teacher/student relationships are prohibited so he realized why she couldn't do it. Y/N however came up with a sudden theory of his own. Could that be partially the reason why she left 1273 Rockefeller High in the first place? Was she trying to stop herself from almost losing her job? It didn't occur to him now that Ms.Lott wasn't a bad person at heart. She meant well, but she had a few battles of her own that only people in her position could understand. Her apology was undoubtedly her trying to apologize to Y/N after ditching him and to forgive her past self despite the prominent drawbacks she saw in herself and Y/N being together back then even when Y/N was of age. Even when holding a seductive magnet behavior, she was hurting from the inside. Her apology and earning of forgiveness finally freed her from the pain she had been holding onto ever since she departed from her employment at 1273 Rockefeller High. It's like George Eliot says. "Don't judge a book by its cover." Because you never truly know what people are going through even when they put on a smile to disguise what they're feeling underneath it all.

Y/N's Pov.

"Man. Everything has been happening so fast. First, it's Shiro and now it's Charlotte." I said to myself while I was in the bathroom brushing my teeth while staring at myself in the mirror. I took a small chug from my glass of water and swished it around, spitting it back out into the sink and wiped the brush on my toothbrush clean, and placed it back onto its handle.

"Well. At the very least it's great to have her back. I missed her." I mumbled to myself as I grabbed my robe and wrapped the waist string around my waist after I exited the bathroom, switching the light off in the process. "Ah. I needed that shower. Today was not the kind of today I expected but you can't have everything it seems. I learned that the hard way. Damn Mr.Banker, how did you ever do it?" I asked myself this as I plopped onto my royally designed bed, spreading my arms and legs to the side as I stared up at the ceiling, imagining him answering my question. "Today was not a good day. I had to stop a robbery, the car chase would have lasted at least a few more hours if it hadn't been for Harry and Duncan who came just in time." Chuckling the last bit to myself, I recall Harry and Duncan arriving in one of the agency's helicopters and gunning down the getaway car's wheels. Thankfully none of the suspects were hurt, well, that's kind of a lie since some of the 1273RCPD officers did gang up on one of the fleeing suspects. Glad we got to them on time at least. "Man. Sometimes I wonder. How does Mr.Banker do it? He always pulled through even when the challenges were above and beyond. There's is no way I'd be sane even after going through hell and back, but I guess that's the kind of price you have to pay if you're going to be assigned the role of the director of this kind of place." I said out loud, not caring if anyone heard me at all. 

"Guess I might as well live with it. I'm pretty much all that the agency has. I got everything Mr.Banker had. That's what I think anyway." I laughed at myself, imagining myself standing on top of a pile of criminals with a flag in one hand. "Man, you know? I guess in some point in my life I'll have to figure out how any of this will work. I mean, when will crime ever end once and for all? Will it ever end at all?" I guess only time will tell when it will truly end. Perhaps it may never end at all, but that's up for time to tell. That or someone takes a stand and comes up with a way to put an end to crime once and for all.