Chapter 8: Betrayal Is The Worst Kind Of Crime

Narrative Pov.

As 1273RCPD helicopters and squad cars chase a getaway vehicle, a bank robbery is in progress, and a gas station robbery occurring as well, it seems as if crime in 1273 Rockefeller City knows no limits. As all of this occurs, two criminals turned gangsters sit at a table as the camera slowly pans up to face a tall building in the center of 1273 Rockefeller City.

 As all of this occurs, two criminals turned gangsters sit at a table as the camera slowly pans up to face a tall building in the center of 1273 Rockefeller City

"Jace." A deep voice calls out as the camera seeps into the room. A large figure sits in front of the desk as another sits in a chair behind the desk. "Where's Declan?" The deep voice asks. "Not sure, little asshole should have been here a minute ago." Another voice replied, this one was responding with a British accent mixed in unison with the sound of tarot cards flapping rapidly. "Ahh!" The figure behind the desk gasps, the tarot cards flying out of control as the door at the end of the room shoots open to reveal Declan Inktrotter skipping over to the desk and taking a seat beside the man in the white suit.

 "Ahh!" The figure behind the desk gasps, the tarot cards flying out of control as the door at the end of the room shoots open to reveal Declan Inktrotter skipping over to the desk and taking a seat beside the man in the white suit

"Declan. You're late." The tall figure in front of the desk sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose in frustration at Declan's truancy. "I know! I Know! I'm bad!" Declan said in sign language, staying true to his mime nature.

"Declan. Listen to me buddy, whatever happens, just know that--" "Declan." The big man said as Declan turned his head to him. "Listen, these past years. They were fun. All of the fun the three of us had. But, now? Now it's time to move on with the plans. The plans to get rid of that motherfucking piece of shit Y/N and those three other bitches." The big man angrily said, slamming his fist on the desk as he got up and started pacing around the desk surrounding Declan and Jace.

"As you both already know, I had a hit called on Y/N an hour ago. I paid that Russian fox bitch to plant a bullet in him but instead, she ran off with the money. And to think I was ready to throw a whole party when that fucker finally hit the ground. My guess is, that she had the hots for him. Heh, he's a lady's man, I'll give him that. Almost every female criminal in 1273 Rockefeller City has it out for him, and not in a bad way." He said, continuing to pace around the desk.

"Wait, so he's not dead? Fuck!" Jace growled. "Wait, Y/N? As in, Y/N L/N? The guy who's been foiling all of our merriment since the beginning?" Declan signed and Jace nodded.