Chapter 7: Of Guns And Betrayal

Y/N's Pov.

"Mr.L/N? Where were you last time?" A nervous Duncan asked me as I was about to head out. "Huh? Oh, I was just gone for some business matters with the mayor." I said, lying to him. A few days had passed from the encounter I had with Ms.Lott and her incredibly large behind, but I was still hoping she would come back for seconds, her and Shiro. "Oh, well, where are you going now?" He asked me and I told him that I was called to investigate a warehouse downtown. "Can I come?" he asked me and I chuckled, letting out a sigh as I scruffled his hair. "No Duncan, you can't." I admitted, and thankfully the bell had rung. "Go on now Duncan." I instructed him, and he wished me a good day and went on his way. "These streets are dangerous for ya little Duncan." I said, now pretending that I was in one of those 40s noir movies. "I tell ya, these streets aren't what they used to be. I risk my days saving pretty little dames and I can't seem to get tired of it." I said, but I immediately stop when I realized just how bad I was at it. "Man, how did they ever know how to do the voice?"

(Timeskip)

I arrived at the warehouse. It looked vacant, but judging by the graffiti sprayed all around it, I can tell most kids came here just to vandalize, but that wasn't important. I had a call an hour ago that someone was here and they needed some help with solving a possible murder. "Better not waste any time." I said, crossing the street to the warehouse's front door. I expected it to be locked but it was surprisingly left open, although, I immediately saw that someone busted the lock open. "Really? Okay." I muttered as I pull the door open and closed it halfway as I walked inside.

"Hello? Anyone in here? I heard that someone called me for a tip of a possible murder?" I called out, putting my fists to my hips as I walked around, inspecting the abandoned warehouse. "Hello Y/N." A female voice called out to me. "Wait...I recognize that voice anywhere." I said, my mind racing with many questions as I looked up to see Celestyna, the fox lady from before that tried to rob a diamond.

" I said, my mind racing with many questions as I looked up to see Celestyna, the fox lady from before that tried to rob a diamond

"Celestyna!" I ran to her and locked her in a hug, actually feeling happy that I got to see her again. She giggled and hugged me as well, but, something felt off. Celestyna's hug felt tighter and it sort of hurt. "Celestyna?" I asked her and she planted her face into my chest, and she was...crying. "Celestyna, what's wrong?" I asked her, but then, I felt someone bash the back of my head with something metallic, and I was knocked out soon after.

(Timeskip)

I awoke an hour later in a daze, my head was throbbing painfully. But as I looked around, I saw two guys in white suits and Celestyna standing in between them, holding a pistol in her hand while looking at me with a broken grimace. "Well? What are you fucking waiting for? Kill him already! You kill him, you'll get your 10'000'000$ million." The guy on the left, the one on the right dangling a briefcase in front of her.

"Now hurry it up! We don't have all night!" The guy on the left shouted at her. She nodded and walked up to me, her boots clapping against the floor as she did so, cocking the pistol and raising it to my forehead. "Celestyna...why?" I was truly heartbroken at what happening right now. After I thought that I made a friend with a supervillain, they go and do this? Guess I was wrong about her. What has once been considered a best friend in my eyes was now my most hateful enemy. If I live, I'll never forgive her for this.