Dear Dustin

Dear Dustin,

Today is day number 185. It feels much longer than that. It feels more like three years. Mom said that time is funny like that. Emotions can make it speed up and slow down. We are all time travelers if you think about it. For example, this week is going by too slow for me. I think its because I haven't been busy enough. I can't go to public school right now because of being confined to the wheelchair and mom doesn't want me to deal with crowded hallways. But, no worries. My tutor, Connor has been teaching me all I need to know. He's a senior and actually goes to Will and El's school.
El is doing okay. She seems happy but I think something is bothering her. I try to ask her but she always reassures me.
Will has also been painting a lot. He hasn't shown me or El what he's been painting. I guess he's painting it and only wants one person to see it. 
Also, Jonathan is having a bit of a...weed problem. Ever since he met his new pal, Argyle, all he's been doing is smoking weed. I mean, I get there are benefits to intaking the substance but its also kind of scary watching him go out of it. I wanted to tell mom, but he begged me not too and being the sister I am, I haven't. Yet. 
El and I have been sharing a room. It's so cool to have a roommate. We have queen sized bunk beds that Jonathan and Will helped mom build. El and I have made up a couple games we can play if we can't sleep at night. We mostly use flashlights. I've been teaching her how to make shadow puppets. She does a pretty good eagle. 

But, anyways my therapist said that because of how screwed up my back was, I'd need more therapy and that surgery might even be considered. Sometimes I wish I wasn't that stupid that night...I think I made a lot of mistakes that night. 
But, anyways. I also want to thank you. And thank Suzie. I was really glad that the three of us were able to talk things out and that she's okay with us all just being friends. I think we all need that. Her being Mormon and being a thousand miles away, and me being farther, it would be safer for all of us and keep us all from getting hurt. I'm also glad that Suzie and I are now good friends. She tells me some of her struggles and I tell her mine. She and I are almost as close as I am with Max and El. 

Also I'm sending you a package when Spring Break begins. I hope you like it. It's kind of big so be careful. It's precious cargo. 

Love,
Y/N

Dustin's POV

I finished reading Y/N's letter with a smile on my face. Then I remembered that I needed to change my latin grade or else mom would kill me. I called Suzie on my radio that now worked without me having to use my Cerebro. 
I had Suzie attempt to hack into the school's grading system and eventually, we got the password correct. 
"Jiminy Crickets, Dusty! I'm In!" Suzie exclaimed. Yes, she does still call me by nickname and so does Y/N. Even though we are all remaining friends, I think of them as...friendly nicknames. 
"Holy shit," I said in shock before I was startled by my mother's obnoxiously loud knocking. 
"Dusty, what's going on in there? You're gonna be late. She then tried sliding my door open. 
"Don't come in! I'm naked!" I yelled. My mom immediately shut the door. 
"I'm running out of time here," I said through the intercom. 
"Hold your horsies, Dusty," Suzie said as I heard typing from her side. 
"Do you see it?" I asked. 
"Yeah, I see it," Suzie replied, almost disappointingly. "Yikes, Dustin,"
"Yeah," I shrugged. 
"I'll repent later," I heard Suzie say. "Okay, Dustin. Your grade is changed. But, you owe me," Suzie said. 
"Yes, of course I'll repay you. Thank you, Suzie!" I said before hanging up the call. I ran and grabbed my backpack. As I left my house there was thing I was thinking about. 

What could this big package be that Y/N is sending me?

Y/N's POV

"Y/N! Let's go you're gonna be late for school!" came mom's voice. 
"Crap!" I yelled as I was trying to finish my makeup and hair for school.