Suzie, Do You Copy

Dustin's POV:

I was on my way back to camp. I had the best time ever. I finally got over Y/N and moved on. Her name is Suzie. She's a genius. She's like Phoebe Cates, only hotter.

I was now in range for the others to hear me through radio. 
"This is Gold Leader,returning to base. Do you copy? Over."
No response.
"This is Gold Leader, returning to base.Do you copy? Over,"
Still nothing.
"I repeat: This is Gold Leader, returning to base. Do you copy? Over."
Still no response. I was getting frustrated.
"-I repeat: This is goddamn Gold Leader--"
"Dusty!" my mom yelled.
"What?" I yelled back.
"Relax! For goodness' sake." my mom stressed.
"I'm in range. They should be answering," I snapped.
"You've been away a whole month,honeybun. Maybe they just...forgot,"

I sighed and laid back in my seat. 

We got home and I took my stuff into my room. I slumped on my bed and rubbed my temples. I looked to my left to see my pet turtle, Yurtle, looking at me. I chuckled.
"At least someone's happy I'm home,"

Just then I heard a strange noise. That was when I saw one of my toy robots spring to life. Then my R2D2 did the same exact thing. Then the monkey on my desk started to slam his symbols together. I stood up to see my Optimus Prime figure and a tank waddle near me. Then my dinosaur started throwing darts at me. 
I then noticed all these toys started forming a line, then headed out the door. 

I grabbed a can of hairspray and cautiously followed the toys out.
" It's just a dream. You're dreaming," I told myself as I continued to follow the toys. 
Once they reached the living room, they all stopped moving and making noise.
I cautiously approached the toys and picked up the robot. As I stood up, I was startled by several loud noises, which scared the hell out of me. I turned around and sprayed the person who was closest to me. It was Lucas who was now screaming his head off.

*Small time skip*

After apologizing to Lucas, Max took him to flush out his eyes. Meanwhile, I took Mike, El, and Will to my room to show them what I've been working on at camp. I noticed Y/N wasn't there. Hmm...whatever I guess...
"I call it... the Forever Clock," I said, showing them my invention. "All right? Powered by wind.Very useful in the apocalypse," I put my Forever Clock in Will's hands and picked up my Slammer. "Then, I give you...the Slammer." I showed it off. "Pretty neat, huh?" I asked. I placed it down then picked up my dufflebag. "But this...this is my masterpiece," I placed it down with a grunt and unzipped it. "I would like you to meet...Cerebro,"
"What exactly are we looking at here?" Mike asked.
"An unassembled one-of-a-kind battery-powered radio tower,"
"So, it's a... a ham radio." Will said. 
"The Cadillac of ham radios," I replied. "This baby carriesa crystal-clear connection over vast distances. I'm talking North Pole to South. I can talk to my girlfriend whenever and wherever I choose,"

Then they all exchanged looks and said in unison. 
"Girlfriend?" 
I nodded. I then zipped Cerebro, picked him up, and walked out of the room.
"Yep. Let's go talk to Suzie," I said. 
"Wait, so her name is Suzie?" Mike asked as he, El, and Will trailed after me.
"Suzie with a "z." She's from Utah," I explained.
"Girls go to science camp?" Will asked.
"-Suzie does. She's a genius," I replied.
"Is she cute?" Mike asked.
"Think Phoebe Cates, only hotter." I replied as we got to the door.
"What's going on?" I heard Max ask as we headed out the door.
"Going to talk to Dustin's girlfriend," Will replied.
" Girlfriend?" I heard them say as I continued to walk with my Cerebro.

Max's POV

Lucas and I exchanged looks before following the others out the door. I couldn't believe him. He rebounded on Y/N before she had the chance to explain what really happened. Hell, he didn't even know she was in the hospital right now.