Out of the Lab and Back to Starcourt

YOUR POV

Dustin was driving fast down the aisle and hit a few curbs on accident.
" Jesus, slow down!" Steve groaned.
" Yeah, what is this,like, the Indy 500?" Robin spoke, slurring her words.
"It's the Indy 300," Steve corrected.
"No, dingus, it's 500!" Robin argued.
"-It's 300!" Steve exclaimed. Erica and I looked behind us at the two "adults"
"Let's say a million," Robin said before laughing loudly with Steve joining in on the laughing as well.
"What is wrong with them?" Erica asked.
"I don't know," Dustin stressed as he sped up.
"Dusty, watch out!" I exclaimed as he hit a pile of metal barrels. I hit my head on the front of the cart. It hurt really bad.
"Oh my god Y/N/N, are you alright?" Dustin asked. 
"Yeah. Don't worry about me," I replied. I felt a sticky warmth on my head.  It was bleeding.
"Are you guys okay back there?" Dustin said to Robin and Steve.
"Hold on a second," Erica interjected. "Dusty? Y/N/N? What kind of names are those,"
Barely realizing what we both had said, we stared at each other. 
"Just...nick names..." Dustin replied.
"Yeah. Because we're friends," I replied.
"Yeah...friends...." Dustin replied as we got out of the cart and unlocked the cage in the back so Steve and Robin could get out. 
"Come on. We gotta go, now," Dustin said sternly. They just sat there.
I grabbed both of them and yanked them out. Dustin put the key card in the panel and the elevator opened. We pushed Steve and Robin inside and closed the elevator door. We then started to go up.

I monitored Robin and Steve's behavior closely. Steve stood on a cart while Robin held it steady for him to balance.
"-Hey! You look like you're surfing!" Robin laughed.
"Surfing! Yeah!" Steve whooped.
"They seem drunk," Erica spoke.
"Why would they be drunk?" Dustin asked.
"They're not drunk. They're drugged. That's what the scientist was doing to them. He drugged them to get information out of them. When someone is drugged, it sends out a chemical or morphine or something that makes you incapable of lying so they can easily know you're telling the truth. It also sends out similar behaviors of a drunk so the behaviors can be easily mistaken," I explained. 
Just then, Robin pulled the cart back so hard that Steve fell over.
"Wipeout!" Robin laughed. Dustin knelt down to Steve and felt his forehead.
"He's burning up," Dustin said.
"You're burning up," Steve slurred. Dustin then checked his eyes as Steve groaned. 
"His pupils are super dilated," he said. "Another sign of being drugged," I said as Steve booped Dustin's nose. 
"Steve, are you drugged?" Dustin asked.
"How many times, Dad? I don't do drugs. It's only marijuana," Steve slurred as he poked Dustin's nose again.
"This isn't funny, okay?I need to know what they did to you. Are you gonna die on us?" Dustin said.
"Boop," Steve poked his nose again. I rubbed my temples. 
"We all die,my strange little child friend. It's just a matter of how...and when," Robin said, playing with her hair and staring creepily at Dustin. 
"The drugs aren't toxic. Whatever is in them will eventually go out one way or the other," I explained.
"Good, good," Dustin nodded. He looked back to Steve. "They're gonna be looking for us up there, so I need you to tell mewhere you parked your car."
"Oh, can we make a pit stopat the food court?" Steve asked as his eyes widened.
"I would kill for a hot dog on a stick," Robin interjected. Steve oohed in agreement. I looked to Dustin who shrugged to me then looked back to Steve.
"All right. Yeah, food. Yes, you can haveas much food as you want, but only if you tell mewhere your car is parked," 
"Uh-oh," Steve said in a childish voice.
"Uh-oh?" Dustin repeated like question. I sighed.
"The car's off the board," Steve replied.
"What?" Dustin stressed.
"They took the keys." 
I groaned in frustration.
"The Russians, they took the keys. Like forever ago," Steve said laughing and checking his pockets. The two drugged adults were laughing like children at play. 
"That's a bummer, right?" Steve smiled. Dustin looked back to Erica and I who wore the same expression of worry and stress.

We finally reached the top and the elevator doors opened. The five of us walked out and Steve and Robin were talking about how the air tasted. I don't think I've ever experienced people being this drugged before. Just then, two guards started to charge at us with guns.
"Shit!" Dustin and I explained in unison.
"Come on! Come on!" Dustin said as we rushed Robin and Steve through a side door.
"Why are we running?" Steve giggled as we pushed them through the door.