The Mall Rats

Your POV

I couldn't believe what I had heard. Dustin had created a whole Satellite to communicate with an imaginary girlfriend just to get me upset about breaking up with him. I needed to tell him quick before he takes this little thing too far. 

I didn't sleep at all that night, thanks to me and Max's chat. A lot of thoughts were swimming in my mind and I couldn't think straight. 

The next day, I asked Max if I could come over. She said yes and she and I could skate around the street.
I got changed into a romper, put my hair up with a f/c scrunchie and put on some white converse. (pic below is the romper)

I grabbed my inhaler and skated over to Max's house

I grabbed my inhaler and skated over to Max's house. No one except her was home. Billy was at his lifeguard job. 

Max tried to do a kick-flip, but she tripped and the skateboard rolled away from her. I went to help her up as none other than El caught it, and kicked it up into her hand. She walked up to us. I exchanged looks with Max. 
El approached us. "Hi," she said, handing the skateboard back to Max. "Hi?" Max replied as got the skateboard back.
Max and El didn't really have this much social confrontation before. What made El change her mind?
"Can we talk?" El asked. I exchanged looks with Max and we went inside, into Max's room. 

El told us about how Mike started acting weird around her. I sat on the bed next to her as Max paced. 
"And then he said he-- he missed me, and then he just hung up." El said.
"He's a piece of shit," Max snapped. I sighed.
"What?" El asked.
"Mike doesn't have jack shit to do today,and his Nana obviously isn't sick. I guarantee you, him and Lucas are playing Atari right now," Max said, freaking out.
"But friends don't lie," El said, confused.
"Yeah, well, boyfriends lie. All the time. Dustin lied to Y/N and I broke up with Lucas five times for lying to me,"

Max then sat down next to El on the other side. "You're going to stop calling him.You're going to ignore his calls. As far as you're concerned,he doesn't exist,"
"Doesn't exist?" El asked, still confused. 
"It's what we call the silent treatment," I explained.
"Exactly. He treated you like garbage. You're gonna treat him like garbage.Give him a taste of his own medicine,"
"Give him the medicine," El nodded. "Mm-hmm. And if he doesn't fix this, if he doesn't explain himself, dump his ass,"

I sighed. "Max, what if Mike had an explanation for ly-"
"Would you forgive Dustin for the Suzie incident,"
"Well..I-"
"Exactly. Boys are stupid. Come on," Max got up and took me and El's hand. 
"Where are we going?" El asked. "To have some fun. There's more to life than stupid boys,you know," she said. El and I exchanged looks and nodded. Max is wild, but I gotta say you gotta love her for it. 

We went to the bus stop and took the bus to hell knows where. It was up to Max to surprise us at this point. 
The bus stopped at StarCourt Mall and we followed Max off the bus. 
"So, what do you think?" Max asked El. El looked nervous. "Hey, what's wrong?" she asked. "Too many people. Against the rules," El explained. 
"Seriously?  You have superpowers. What's the worst that could happen?"