Prologue

No one's POV 

A single hand grabbed onto a wooden peer, it took a few seconds for the man to fully pull himself onto the peer but he managed to do it. The man tried to stand up but fell on peer clutching his stomach.

???: "Damn... them.... Those bastards! Leaving me behind like I was already dea-"

The man began coughing up blood, he stopped clutching his stomach and revealed multiple stab wounds. The man grabbed a piece of his trench coat and ripped it off and wrapped it around his stomach and began to stumble into a unknown direction.

???: "I need to find shelter now, I don't know how much longer I have till I pass out."

The man walked forward again and made it halfway through the forest until he collapsed in front of a tree due to his injuries.

????: "I can't move anymore, everything hurts so much its like someone stabbed me from the inside."

The man knelt over in pain and threw up some blood until he passed out from his injuries.

Suddenly the man woke up and saw tht he was in a bed, he looked around and saw he was in a wooden bedroom with a fireplace lit. His trench coat and pants were gone and so were his spiked shoes, his torso had been bandaged up.

He got up from the bed and exited his bedroom and walked into a wooden kitchen, the only thing lighting the room was a single candle. Doing the dishes was a bald, gray bearded man wearing a green vest and brown pants and brown boots.

The old man looked back and saw the man had awoken.

Old man: "Ah, I see your awake, how do you feel?"

???: "I'm fine, why did you save me stranger?"

Old man: "Call me Bo and the reason why I saved you is because I couldn't leave a poor soul like you die in the woods. So I brought you back to my village. You've been asleep for a week."

???: "I'm not some poor innocent soul you know, I used to be an assassin."

Bo: "And I used to be a mercenary so I'm not so innocent myself. Also you didn't tell me your name young man."

The man scoffed at Bo's reply.

???: "Tch, it's JingShen."

Bo: "Alright JingShen it's nice to meet you, your clothes are drying in the bathroom."

JingShen: "Why didn't you dry them outside?"

Bo: "In this village it's always snowing and it's really cold I didn't want your clothes to be covered in snow."

JingShen: "I see."

Bo finished washing the dishes and approached JingShen.

Bo: "I'll lay some clothes out for you in the morning."

Bo walked away to his room after saying that, JingShen only watched with a skeptical look.

JingShen: "Did you manage to get my swords too?"

Bo: "You didn't have any swords on you when I found you. You only had hook chains on the side of your hips." Bo said before walking in his room and closing his bedroom door.

JingShen: "Damn, I guess I'll have to find some new swords in the morning."

JingShen walked into his bedroom and went into a deep slumber.

JingShen woke up walked into the surprisingly big bathroom, brushed his teeth, washed his face and walked into the kitchen where Bo was eating breakfast.