Chapter 8 - Friday Night Lights

Today was the big day.

Well, Sam and Spencer's big day.

The biggest football game of the year was played against our rivals. It wasn't our homecoming game which is usually the biggest in the year, but here it was bigger than that.

Where I live football games are like life. Everybody goes to them and everybody loves watching and playing football. That's why it's so hard to get onto the Varsity or even JV teams at our high school. Even the Freshman team has cuts and we have two of them.

Football is also a very big part of my life so I like it as well. It's always been big because Chris played in high school and Cameron, Sam, and Spencer played in their high school so I've pretty much been watching it all my life.

Every big game or just game that any of my brothers have, the rest of us have always dressed up in the colors. Our school colors were red and blue. So today I wore blue denim jeans with one of my brothers old football jerseys that was red.

Ever since I was really little my brothers and I have always done this. It's definitely a tradition. I even remember that when Chris played in high school my brothers and I would go to his games and we used to wear his old jerseys. Most of the time they were way too big on me, but my brothers always helped me tie it up in some way and I wore it proudly. Chris would also try and get smaller sizes for Ben and I when we were younger, but most of his teammates wanted to keep their jerseys so we ended up only getting smaller ones sometimes.

I would wear my brother's old jerseys, but because we have agreed - more of them telling me - that we are not to act as siblings at school we can't do that because it has 'ANDERSON' on the back.

When it's a really big game we also used to paint our faces. I always loved face paint when I was a little kid. Dylan was the best at doing it and he often teases me about how much I used to nag him to put it on me, even if it wasn't a special occasion. Usually he would reluctantly agree but he tries to argue that I asked so he held out for most of my requests.

I walked out of my door and towards the stairs once I had finished lacing up my shoes.

"Hey!" I cried out as I felt myself being lifted into the air.

"Ready for the big game?!" Whoever picked me up yelled.

Sam

I should have known it was him. Sam gets really excited for football games and tries to hype us up as well. For Sam football is life. He loves it. I've asked him why it's so fun a couple of times and he can give you so many reasons I stopped asking. Spencer also likes football and is pretty passionate about it but it's kinda more of a hobby for him, something that he enjoys doing.

"Sam! Put me down!" I shrieked towards my brother, attempting to hit his back.

"No can do, little sister," He responded.

Sam moved my body around so my ribs were digging into his shoulder as he wrapped one arm around my entire body in a very firm hold and left his other arm to hang down by his side.

I flopped around, trying to wiggle out of my brother's hold, or at least be able to see where we were going. The way Sam was holding me right now I could just see the ceiling. I tried everything to get my brother to let go of me but he had a stone cold grip on my waist. Probably to keep me from falling or escaping.

Sam started running and cheering as I made feeble attempts to get him to stop. I felt my body jerk up and down as I realized we were going down the stairs.

"What's going on here?" Dylan asked, amused as we got to the landing on the stairs.

"Big game tonight, Dyl. Gotta get ready!" Sam cheered at Dylan.