Chapter 21 - Arguments

This weekend has gone by in a blur.

I wasn't able to speak to Ben at all the entire weekend! This was because Chris and Dylan made all of my brothers and I do loads of chores all on Saturday. And then Ben hung out with his friends all day Sunday after he slept over at one of their houses, so I had really not even seen him this weekend.

Not to mention the twins — who literally never fight — decided to get into this massive argument while we were doing chores on Saturday so that has kinda thrown off my weekend. It got so bad during the day that Sam refused to sleep in the same room as Spencer so he slept on the couch that night. And then he was insanely grumpy in the morning because he didn't get enough sleep. And when Sam is grumpy he thinks that everyone else has to be grumpy with him so he just acts super mean.

Now it was Monday morning and I was getting ready for school all over again. I was also extremely tired so it didn't help that most of my brothers were in very pissy moods this morning. And I didn't want to go to school ... I never want to go to school.

"Give it back to me right the fuck now Sam!" A voice boomed right in my ear — West

I groaned, bringing my hands up to meet my eyes and rub them to try and stop my headache that was forming at a very rapid rate this morning.

"I need some milk too!" Sam shot back at West.

I lifted my head to look to look to my right at where my two older brothers were arguing about who got to pour the milk into their cereal first. Sam liked to put his milk in the bowl and then put the cereal in whereas West liked to put the cereal and then they milk. West currently had his cereal in the bowl and was — not really waiting — but waiting to get the milk from Sam who was attempting to pour it into his bowl without West knocking his arm, which he was continuously doing.

From what I gathered, West thought it was fair to have the milk first because he already had his cereal. But Sam thought that West and him should both do their first steps and then switch with milk and cereal to do the second steps because they did opposite things. As for me, I really didn't care who got what and when, I just wanted them to stop screaming at each other.

"Fuck this!" West finally exploded.

My 17-year-old-brother reached across his brothers lap to grab his bowl of milk instead of the cartoon and pull it towards him. Sam's eyes went wide at West's action, but he was too late to save the massive flood of milk that came out of the cartoon without the bowl beneath it. Sam tried to grab the milk as it slipped from his hands but the cartoon had already come crashing down onto the counter and spilled all over himself and the counter and then started to spill onto the floor.

I gasped, jumping up from my chair and talking a few paces away from all of the spilled milk, my hands raised to show I had no part in this. Ben and Spencer did the same thing as well as Sam who was dripping with milk at this point. West just sat unbothered at the table after pouring Sam's milk bowl into his bowl with cereal because miraculously no milk came even close to him. My brother spared a short look at Sam and the mess that just started getting larger before letting out a small chuckle and starting to eat his cereal.

"What the fuck West!" Sam boomed, throwing the empty milk carton on the floor with a lot of force and glaring at his older brother.

"What the hell happened here?"

My oldest brother was clearly pissed off as he stormed into the room quite angrily while glaring at his younger brothers. He went over to the cabinet where I knew we stored our paper towels and practically threw it open.

Cameron whistled, looking at the scene before him as we too walked in behind Chris — "Ah man! You guys are in some deep fucking shit." It seemed as though Cam found this extremely amusing.