Chapter 13 - Catching Up

The rest of the school day went by super slowly. It seemed as though all of my teachers were determined to make my life a living hell as well today. After Mr. Wilson, I got yelled at by a couple of other teachers about how to listen during school.

I've always had a hard time listening and just overall paying attention in class but today my mind has been racing. Two thoughts swirled around my head. The first being Brady Adams. I wanted to forget about him, hell I don't know why I'm giving him a second thought but every time my mind wanders and it lands on him.

The second thought, one I've had many times before, is how much West is annoying me right now. It seems to be his personal mission to be my parent and be the annoying older brother at the same time.

With my mind racing, my teachers yelling at me, and the clocks that all seem to be broken I think it's a miracle it is the end of the day.

7th period. The last struggle of the day before I'm free - PE

I didn't mind PE because all of my friends had the period with me and it's not like I'm un-athletic so it's hard for me to do the activities. It's just my teacher who's terrible. He's always yelling and loves to make anyone who sets him off in the slightest run laps for the rest of the class period.

Plus you have to run them. If you don't my teacher gives you a detention and you run the entire next day we have PE. It's really bad, especially because you're not allowed to stop for water. 

I was dreading going outside seeing as I was already dressed in my PE uniform for about two minutes now and still had not exited the changing room. I sighed one final time before standing up and making my way towards the door. Like the gate to hell.

"What took you so long!" A voice rang through my ears the second I swung open the locker room door.

"Woah!" I called, surprised by the voice.

I winced a little as the bright sun hit me from being in the locker room, seeing as all of the lights either stopped working or were broken and the school hasn't fixed them yet because of "budget restraints" as they claim.

I turned to see Zeke and Bryce glaring at me as they were slumped on the walls that surrounded the exit and entrance of the locker room.

"So?" Zeke prompted me.

"Dude, it's weird for you to be waiting outside of the girls locker room. Where's Penny and Eli?" I responded, pushing past my two friends as I started to walk towards the black top.

"Whatever." Zeke responded as we fell in step. "Are you avoiding us?"

"What?" I laughed.

"C'mon, B, why did it take you that long in the locker room if not because you didn't want to see us?" Bryce reasoned.

"Cause I hate PE?" I suggested.

All three of us stopped walking as we fully turned to face each other.

"No."

"Yes."

"No!"

"Yes!"

"Stop!" Bryce yelled, cutting Zeke and I's bickering off. "Does it really matter? If Beatrice was avoiding us she isn't now so lets just drop it,"

Thank you Bryce for being the voice of reason.

"Hey! You three!" A loud voice boomed towards my friends and I.

We whipped around, facing my PE teacher, Mr. Jones. His mustache wet with sweat and his face angry looking as he stomped closer to us.

"You little jokers think this is chat time? Chat in Mrs. Wheeler's Art class!" Mr. Jones yelled, his spit flying into our faces. "Go get a fu-damn ball and start playing before you've got to run!"