07. PHASE TWO

He was tired and all he wanted to do was just go take a bath and get some sleep considering he didn't get any.

Nanon settled down on his bed and his eyes automatically went to Chimon's photo he had plastered on his wall board.

Because he was too caught up in trying to find ways to get him back and on the other hand, trying to survive Jimmy's death stares, Nanon never noticed how huge the room suddenly felt.

A sting of hurt fazed him. Soon Chimon would be back here in this room with him.

He was choosing to believe in Ohm, to believe that he would do justice, keep his end of the deal and release his friend. After all, that was what today was all about.

Just when he was about to get undressed and ready himself for a bath, the room door shot open and Jimmy was onto him within seconds, grabbing his shirt by the neck and pulling Nanon close to him.

Tu came rushing in with First and Frank behind her.

"You get my friend caught and now you go celebrate with the enemy right in the middle of the day for us to see, just how vindictive can you get?"

Jimmy's grip on his shirt was getting tighter around the neck slowly causing Nanon to gasp for air and cough out.

"What are you talking about?" First and Frank came to his aid.

Whilst First loosened the grip of Jimmy on Nanon's shirt, Frank pulled Jimmy from behind away from Nanon putting as much space between them as they could.

"Are you really going to play pretend now? I saw the two of you today at the market. Laughing and smiling as if you were best of fucking friends!"

Nanon froze in his movements. He gulped as his eyes stared at the ground, at his feet.

They all kept quiet waiting for him to explain himself, Jimmy scoffed, "I told you guys but you didn't believe me"

Tu came to stand in front of him, "Aren't you going to explain yourself? Give us something, anything?"

His eyes rose as they trailed onto his friends. If he did explain it, would they believe him? Would they trust him?

"I did it for Chimon"

"Really? I don't believe that for a second'

"Will you just shut up and listen to him?" Frank snapped back at Jimmy.

"He told me he would help if I spent a day with him" they all kept quiet, unbelievably quiet.

"A day with - wait what?" First spoke first

"Does he somehow like you?" Frank seconded,

"No not all" Nanon was quick to shut down the idea of Ohm having a certain love interest for him.

"Did he promise you that? Did he give you his word that he would help? Or did he perhaps string you along just for the fun of it?" Jimmy asked questions Nanon didn't have answers to.

Ohm never promised nor did he give him his word. Realising it now, Ohm might have just taken him for a fool,

"He must be laughing at you right now. So much for helping Chimon. Ohm was just fishing for information, which he must have gotten"

"We didn't talk about you guys" Nanon reassured but still he couldn't shake the feeling Jimmy must have been right.

"That's the thing. Ohm is the type of person to read between the lines. Even if he wasn't direct, he can conclude from the way you speak or how you behave"