Chapter 24 - Make The Devil Proud

Dustin

I wonder what's the reason why I have all the luck in the world lately.

I won the bet.

Elyzabeth Dale is head-over-heels inlove with me. And she's quite a catch too. Like I told her, she's actually popular now, not because of me only but because she turned into a beautiful swan. A very smart swan. She's sexy too, her dresses showed her small yet beautiful figure - her narrow waist, pretty butt and most of all, her bust which is even bigger than Pamy's, Ashley's or Tracy's. She's so hot and sexy when she wears those knee length dresses that exposes her legs that are made longer by her heels. Aside from that, she was very tame for the whole week, She would do everything I tell her coz she's just too afraid that I wouldn't like it if she complains. If only I was totally heartless, I would take advantage of her wild innocence.

When she asked me to be his boyfriend, of course I was not just surprised but totally shocked. I doubted her coz what she said she was feeling for me was unbelievable until I saw her efforts. Okay, say I'm ruthless most of the time but I'm not completely heartless. Even if Lyz usually gets to my nerves and I wanted to teach her a lesson she wont ever forget, I can't now. She's beginning to be dear to me, not the way I like Ashley, but I don't know, I missed the arrogant her that I hated so much yet I'm very amused of.

But you're using her to get Ashley...

Yes, that was the plan. I have to stick to it or else, I might lose Ashley.

But if you have Ashley, you'll lose Elyzabeth...

I took a deep breath and glanced at Lyz who's busy looking around. I believe she's never been here, or she's never been out at night. Ashley once told us she doesn't get out of her room unless she goes to school. Their Nanny usually brings her food to her room. Maybe that's the reason why of all those years that we go to Ashley's place, we never saw her. Ashley didn't want us to stay long in her house, or Lyz's house, too and now it's clear that the reason why is that she's keeping the truth from us. Well, I can't blame Ashley. I very much know how it feels to be drowned by your own insecurities. It's like a nightmare that's chasing you even when you're awake.

Poor Ashley...

We've talked. She's a bit depressed but Greg keeps her motivated, that's what she said. Greg.... Obviously, he's pursuing her. That's the reason why I can't even talk about our bet and my prizes. I have talked to Greg and Ashley after the game and I believed we've settled our misunderstanding. I was completely jerk in her eyes because I hurt her but I didn't try explaining what's real reason why she saw me and Tracy on that scene. There's no use anymore coz she said she's forgiving me, in one condition - that I wouldn't be harsh to Elyzabeth and wouldn't hurt her.

But you deserve the prize. It's all yours....

Later Ashley... Later.

Not because I chose to make peace with him, with them, I'm giving up my rights. It's just I wanna put into consideration what Greg and I have. He has given me everything so it's not bad if I sacrifice my own pleasure of being with Ashley to give Greg his chance. Maybe Lyz was right - I'm a devil more often than not - but when it comes to my friends, I can't be this completely ignorant, inconsiderate, self centered jerk. They were all that I had and I doubt if I would live up this long without Jace if they weren't with me. They taught me how to enjoy life and how to play this tough game and not end up killing myself by putting a bullet to my head which I almost did.

"Ahm... Are Ashley and Greg coming?"

That's when I went back to reality.

"Yes. I heard they're just have dinner somewhere while we pick you," I waited for Keith to find a good parking space. There's a lot of cars and surely the bar is overcrowded tonight. I turned to Lyz while parking beside Keith's. "'Bout you? You've eaten?"