Chapter 7 - Betting Game

Dustin

I'm already on my fifth shot of Jack Daniel's when the rest came. Now we're complete - Greg, Sean, Keith and me. It's just seven when I got here and I'm actually the first customer. Even before this bar opened, I was already waiting inside my car in the parking lot, with three cans of beer.

I was that excited to get drunk and wasted.

"Hey, you're already drinking without us huh?" Sean slapped me hard on my back. I didn't see that coming that's why I almost coughed what I was drinking. "It's just freaking eight in the evening and we have a workbook to pass tomorrow morning!"

I winced at him. I stood from the bar and we moved to the VIP table. There are not much people coming because it's still early and today is Monday so people either have work or school tomorrow. "You're not done with that yet? You're so slow." I smiled sarcastically.

"Hey, hey, Mr. Gray, I'm not a son of a mathematician like you so of course, I can't finish solving all those math problems in two weeks. And I'm not an aspiring engineer in the future, okay? I'm not like you." He answered, irritated with my teasing smile.

"Just say I'm the best in math here and you're the worst."

"You really love using other people's weaknesses to stress your strength huh!" The waiter served us two bottles of whiskey and a bucket of ice. Then the chips followed immediately.

"Two bottles of Jack Daniel's huh? Really?" Now it's Keith who complained. "You really wanna get wasted huh?"

"Oh yeah sure. Don't worry, I'll foot the bill." I wiggled my eyebrows at them as I fill our glasses with whiskey. "Whoah. I miss this. Cheers!" We cheered while raising our glasses and drank, bottoms up.

"We just went out last Friday." Sean said while placing his glass on the table. I looked at him and leaned my back on the couch.

"You know I don't drink much when you and Greg have enough and the girls are with us. Should I remind you that these two," I pointed Keith and Greg, "totally lose their mind when drunk and I have to cover their ass or else we'll all wake up in jail," they all laughed and we talked about those moments that either of the two got really drunk. One time we bumped a car, just thankfully that the guy is from Cameron Dale too, then Greg beat a guy from a different school just because the poor guy looked at him. Between the two, Greg is more uncontrollable when possessed by alcohol. There was even a time when he kissed a girl who was waiting for his boyfriend outside the bar and that really caused us a great trouble. We were caught in a big riot. We were just lucky that our parents are influential and Ashley helped us negotiate, so even before our parents learned about it, it's already taken cared of.

These times when we were talking about those foolishness while holding a glass of drinks is what I really missed, not the bottle of whiskey or the soft couch we are sitting on.

"Yeah... and Greg, dude, we will never forget how you looked like when you woke up that morning with all the bruises and a black eye and you can't believe that we were caught in a big fight because you kissed somebody's girlfriend. Man, that was really priceless!"

We all laughed hard on that. Then after laughing our hearts out, we all paused and got serious looks.

"What are you thinking about Ashley's challenge?" Greg asked us after a minute of silence. I filled our glasses again with whiskey.

"It's clear, she's looking for a new campus king. She really got offended with what she heard from you Dustin." Keith was taking a sip of his drink while eyeing me.

"What's the plan now, dude?"

I took a sip of my drink without looking at them. What's my plan? "Do I need to tell you my plan?" they all frowned at me like saying they don't get my plan. "I'm taking the challenge. I'm a man enough to show her that I'm still the most irresistible guy on earth that she could ever know." I smirked while I said those with so much pride and confidence. I could already feel my victory.