Chapter 17 - Soulmates

Lyz

It's already past ten and the loud music and moving lights make my head hurt. I'm already on my second glass of pinacolada and I enjoy it, really. It's a great mix and better than those I've already tasted before. We're on the table with Pamy, Keith and Sean. They said Greg was already drunk and sleeping when I asked where he is. Dustin is very busy going here and there and Ashley is with Tracy and Amy. Why not, whenever she's on our table, Tracy and Amy would come whining to pull Ashley and introduce some cute guys from I don't know where. Really, that whore is a bitch.

"Hey, try this fruit punch," Pamy said when she noticed that I'm being silent. "You're just okay? I mean aren't you drunk? You can use a room upstairs if you're sleepy," based on her voice, she's still on her mind but already tipsy. A few more glasses and she's drunk. I smiled and took her glass.

"You seem to need it more than I do," I tasted what she got in her glass. "This is good but you've had enough Pamy, and tomorrow we have a quiz on World Literature," I turned to Keith. "You should know she's almost drunk!"

"Hey, I stopped her and she promised that would be the last, and now you have that," almost all the time since when we came they're like inseparable. Pamy's happy tonight because finally she has his attention, but it doesn't mean she could do everything, even something stupid just to keep Keith by her side all through the night. I was enjoying Pamy's drink when Sean poked me in my shoulder.

"Hey, you didn't tell us you're a drunkard!" he said while putting some chips in his mouth. "I'm monitoring you, in case you don't know."

I smiled and leaned towards him. "You were watching me since we sat here? That's like stalking," I laughed at his funny reaction. I don't easily get drunk but just a glass and I could be naughty. "Really? So how many glasses have I already had? You tell me."

"Well, four of pinacolada and that fruit punch, making it five," he said. Now I've emptied Pamy's glass and I still want more. "It seems you liked Jessica's fruit punch, there's no more here inside so let's get some out there on the pool,"he stood and pulled my hand. I turned to Pamy and Keith and it looks like they're quite busy 'getting to know each other'. How ironic.

"Hey, we're just getting some fruit punch outside," I told Pamy before letting Sean pull my hand. So what, I already consider Sean a friend. Why not? He's so damn funny and he's so goddamn cute.

There's no longer that much people outside. Probably they've sent home all those who are already drunk especially those already wasted. I surveyed the pool area and some girls in their skimpy bikini are whining in cold while swimming with guys and I recognized them the school cheerleaders. Really, how could they wade in the water at this cold? They're completely insane! I winced at the sound of their shrill voice. They're ready to catch pneumonia just to display their bare body, how cheap!

"Hey, over here!" Somebody called us and when we turned around, I saw Dustin and Ashley. They're no longer so sweet with each other but I caught them, or just spotted them, kissing in the dark kitchen when I was looking for Pamy a while ago. Luckily, they didn't see me, or else, it will be awkward. Sean pulled me again but just in a gentle manner and we walked towards their crowd. They're with Tracy and Amy who is so busy making out with a guy I don't know if from our school. Of all those in their crowd, only Dustin and Ashley greeted us with a smile. Yes, Ashley is smiling so dearly at me and she seemed so happy. Why not, she's having the moment of her life with the birthday boy Dustin who looks even more handsome and stunning tonight. They're actually both stunning. Actually, they're a great pair.

Can somebody give this couple crown and scepter and a sash saying 'King and Queen of the Night'?

"Hey, what's the matter? You look mad?" Sean asked me while walking towards the tree where their table is. I am? I just shrugged. "Hey, Dustin, do you have some more fruit punch? We're running out of it,"