Chapter 1 - Helpless Encounter Part 2

Chapter 1 - Helpless Encounter Part 2 - The Knight in Shining Armor

Lyz

I don't like Mr.Nelson but I don't like these guys making fun of him either. Maybe if it is Jack who's making fun of him, I would get on the bald prof's nerves as well.

I sighed with irritation. I feel like stinking and I know I'm sweating even if its not hot. My breathing is becoming irregular too. After this class the first thing that I will do is to have a puff of my medicine. I could feel my ears and my neck heating up.

Oh god! I want a shower but I can't. I know I'm having my asthma attack soon and these guys' little scene infront is not helping. 

"Okay, Mr.Gray, you don't have to read the second paragraph. Ms.Dale, do stand up and read the second paragraph. "

Oh yeah. I know I'm this old bald guy's favorite but it doesn't mean that I enjoy it. It seems that everytime he needs someone to save his ass from students who make him chicken out he would take it out on me. I sighed again and secretly rolled my eyes to the tomato-red faced prof while standing with my open book on my hand to read.

"During the....." a series of laughter from the three guys infront and a couple of gigglings from the others stopped me on the third word. I put my hand down and patiently waited for them to finish having fun but they keep on talking and saying nonsense lines after another and they laughed so hard with each utterances. I felt uneasy just standing there while the whole class except the old bald man who is now standing near me is laughing out so loud I'm sure it could be heard at the end of the hallway. Some even pay me a look while laughing as if making fun of me standing there like an idiot when everybody else is laughing. I began panting as I felt my ears burning with anger. I tried to calm myself but I'm so fed up and I think I can't wait for them to finish anymore coz I don't think they even cared to stop.

"Can you guys shut up? I've been standing here for more than a minute and I don't care if you want to laugh your asses out but I just can't read that freaking second paragraph because this whole class is filled with your laughter and stupidity and I don't want to look stupid like you standing here listening to your freaking stupid jokes!" I freaked out. I was still panting and I felt like I was being grilled, but no one was able to react so I gained back a little confidence. That is actually one of my hidden strengths, my voice, especially in my indignant tone. Jack once said he wonder why I could tame him when I use my voice with such power. And I'm also the type who would do what I said I would do. When I tell you to shut up or I'll kick your ass, I'll really do if you don't shut up. That's how I am and I don't think I would change that.

I saw how harsh Dustin turned his back to see me, the "little creature" who dared to stop these "big people" in the middle of their "merrymaking". His jaw moved, a clear sign of him being pissed. He shoved the guys on his sides who had their jaw dropped while looking at me. I wanted to smile because of that. Obviously, I won. It was a shame on their part to be cut off by me, the nerd who they call "ugly Betty".Well that's a partial payment for their constant bullying especially during lunchbreak a while ago. I controlled my breath to stop panting and turned to the stunned oldie. "I apologize if I just spoke bad words in this class, Mr.Nelson. Now, may I read the second paragraph, Sir?"

Whoah! I deserve an award for best speech now. Everyone's jaw are dropped while they can't believe they're seeing me standing with such authority. My ears wanted to clap and it's like wings would soon come out of my back. I bit my inner lip to stop them from forming a smirk. Everyone's frozen and freaking staring at me, unable to react so I have to snap the bald old guy back to reality by raising a brow at him like saying 'what?!!'