Chapter 11 - They Fit

Lyz

"Hey,"

I was startled by that familiar male voice. Why was he here or how did he get here or what is he doing here? He was looking at me like he was frustrated as I was lying down lazily on the marble floor of the school's tallest building's rooftop with my arms crossed under my head to serve as pillow and my headset on my ears playing my favorite songs under the bright blue skies with big fluffy clouds scattered to cover the hot noon sun so it doesn't hurt my eyes.

I rose through my elbows and my eyebrows arched higher than normal, eyeing him with a 'what-are-you-doing-here-dude?' look and sat as I keep watching him toss his bag on the floor near my foot.

"So all these times that I was looking for you, you were just hiding here, huh?," he said, panting a bit. He left my eyes and paused for a while before looking around with amusement in his eyes, making it obvious for me that this was the first time he ever stepped on this building's rooftop. "Well, this place is kinda hard to find," he stopped breathing a little and then filled his lungs with the cool breeze in one long inhaling, "but it's so worth it." Then he smiled at me.

I didn't feel any shame staring at him nor cared that maybe he would  think I was checking him out. He was wearing a dark blue shirt, a dark color jeans and black converse shoes. His usual red backpack which was in his broad shoulders a couple of seconds ago was now down on the floor. His arms were stretched as he gripped  the railings, his dark blonde hair disheveled was played by the strong autumn wind, his masculine jaw was moving as he was awed by the view, his chocolate brown eyes were surveying around, his perfectly pointed nose inhaled the coolness of the coming fall, his lips were twitching in a naughty smile....

"Liked what you saw?" he teased.

I rolled my eyes and removed my earbuds as I go back to reality. “So you went up here just for me to see the handsome you?"

He grinned and paced towards me. “Chill... no, not only that." He sat down beside me and leaned on the same wall I was leaning at. “I just wanna see you." He gave me the best smile he could let show. I laughed out loud on that causing him to frown at me. "What?" he snapped in irritation. I tried hard to stop laughing at him.

"This is crazy, you know. I don't understand why you have to do that. Nobody would even think of doing so, you know. Why do you have to hunt for me? You're out of your mind, do you know that?" I said as I try to stop myself from laughing hard. I don't like to look like overacting but this is hilarious for me. Why not? Dustin Gray, the famous Campus King just said he was looking for me, Elyzabeth Dale, the Ugly Betty of the school. Wow. What an early April Fools Day celebration!

"I'm not joking okay? You don't know how hard it is to look for a freak like you in this campus so big so stop laughing, you're freaking me out!"

I tried to look serious because he is getting red with irritation but I was enjoying his disgusted looks. Even if his face was crumpled with annoyance, he was still exceptionally cute, or hot, or perfect, whatever others use to describe him. "I just wonder why you are looking for me." I tried to sound polite this time because I can see he was serious.

"I just want to see you."

I smiled a bit on that. "Then why do you want to see me huh?"

His brows aligned.” I have been courting you Miss for almost a week so of course I want to see you." I wasn't convinced so I raised a brow at him. "I like the smell here. Cherry blossoms."

"It still doesn't make sense at all." I leaned on the metal cabinet right behind my back. He did the same and moved closer to me. “I still believe this little courting scheme of yours is just a crap you and your friends are plotting against me."