Chapter Two- A Fateful Meeting

Hinata pov

I was walking down the street with some papers in my hands intended for Kurenai Sansei, when just as I was about to round a corner, a sudden flash of orange and yellow circles the corner and slams into me.

I hit the ground with a thud, my papers scattering all over the place. "Oh, I'm sorry! Let me help you up!" A familiar voice offers me help. I look up, my eyes widening in disbelief. 'N-Naruto?!' I think, my face going a deep shade of crimson.

I shakily take his hand, letting him help me to my feet. "Sorry, Hinata, I sorta spilled your papers everywhere." He cutely rubs the back of his head and smiles. "Y-you've g-gotten t-taller, N-Naruto." 'And handsomer~' I blush. "Hm?" He looks at me then puts his hand on his forehead, leading over to mine where it floats above my head.

"Hehe, yeah! You used to be taller than me. Now I'm taller than you, eh?" He chuckles. "I didn't realize till now!" He gives me a foxy grin, making me blush even more. I giggle, resting my palm on my cheek. 'He hasn't changed a bit.' I dreamily think.

"Well, we should probably get these up." Naruto gestures towards the papers strewn about the ground. "O-oh, yeah." I bend down and start to pick up the documents around me. "S-So what h-have you b-been up to?" I try my hand at small talk. "A lot of training, mostly. I trained so much that all my clothes tore! I had to get this new stuff instead." He picks at his new black and orange outfit. "How about you?"

"O-oh, nothing m-much, really. Just a couple if missions with Kiba and Shino, and I became a Chunin. That's about it." I carefully stack my papers and stand up, taking the rest that Naruto had picked up and adding them to my pile. "I noticed you grew your hair out." He lifts his hand and gently touches my hair, swirling it around his finger. I breathe in a shaky breath, my face reaching new levels of red.

'D-does he have any idea what that does to me?!' I bite my bottom lip, noticing how close his face was to mine. 'It would be so easy to...' suddenly he pulls his hand away. "Well, it was nice seeing you Hinata. I'm gonna go to Shikamaru's place, I'll talk to you later." He smiles and starts to walk past me. I stood still, the entire scenario still fresh and being processed in my mind.

"N-Naruto, wait!" I swiftly turn around, meeting his attention. "D-do y-y-you w-w-want t-to... g-go get s-some I-Ichiraku ramen?" I shakily ask while holding my breath. He smiles widely. "Absolutely!"