Chapter Four- A Mission Alone

Three days later

Hinata pov

I stand shyly at outside Naruto's apartment, taking a few minutes to build up some courage and knock on his door. He opens the door and stands there, tall and lean wearing nothing but a towel. Ringlets of water dripped down his hair and into his steaming skin, his abs glimmering in the light.

I immediately blush and almost start to raise my hand to touch his abs before I catch myself. I take in a deep inhale, my mind longing to pull him, strip off his towel and and close the door behind us.

"What's wrong, Hinata?" A clueless Naruto inquiries.

I do the only think I can in the moment; cover my red face with my hands and stutter out something completely unintelligible. Naruto looks down at his towel in a panic, checking to see if he was flashing me, which I honestly wouldn't mind.

"N-N-N-Naruto, l-l-lady T-Tsunade s-s-s-summoned u-us t-t-to h-her office!" I stutter out and start to run.

"You two will be going to an island off the coast of the hidden mist village and stay there for one week. There have been multiple sightings of a terrorist organization known as the Bakuhatsu and it is suspected that they have a base in that location. You two will simply survey the area, and if you find anything, you will come back immediately and report that to me. Understand?" Lady Tsunade explains our mission, me and Naruto nodding in response to her question. "Alright, you will leave later today, I suggest you spend your time packing, there is a small town on the island but it doesn't have a market with much variety. You must bring food and set up a tent to avoid suspension. If you two are not back in two weeks, we will send another team after you." You two are dismissed."

Me and Naruto walk out of the Hokage's office and part ways so that we could go to our houses to pack. After a couple of hours, we meet at the gates and leap through the trees.

The two of us set up a tent when the sun went down, day one of our three day travel period to the land of mist coming to a close. Naruto yawns and lays back in his sleeping bag, his cute sleeping cap snuggly placed on his head. In just a few seconds, he was soundly sleeping.

I positioned myself a few feet away at the edge of the tent, cause I know how much of a cuddler I am, so I don't know what embarrassing situation I might wake up with if I were to accidentally hold Naruto in my sleep, as much as I would love to do that, the embarrassment is, probably, not worth it. Even my little sister, who loves to snuggle, has told me I hold to tight. So, I drift into sleep, my eyes looking over Naruto's cute sleeping face as I slip into slumber.