Chapter 2: A new brother, the assassin

I headed back to my room and realized that I had yet explored the wardrobe. I opened one side [there are 2 sides to open], and saw 2 levels of clothes. The one at the bottom looks like what I was wearing now. Casual clothes, with a mixture of t-shirts, shorts, skirts, and more. On the other hand, the clothes on top looked much more refined. It looked like clothes that one would wear out to meet a friend. There were many dresses, but none of them looked like the dresses from my past life - Long and fancy, with jewels attached to it.

The clothes were indeed beautiful, but they weren't what caught my attention. All the clothes hung on a removable metal pole, or tube. I wanted to take it out, but then again, the clothes will end up in a mess. Since I found some useful information, I felt like taking a break. I laid on my bed and hugged my boaster. I covered myself with the blanket, and before long, I fell asleep.

"Charlotte! Charlotte!" I heard a voice say. I closed my eyes tightly, and opened it again. I saw 2 girls. One had sharp purple eyes, and dark purple long hair. The other girl had adorable ruby eyes and long golden hair. Both were really tall and pretty. The first girl fell into the pretty zone, while the second girl fell in the cute zone. I looked down, trying to hide my tears. I immediately knew who the two of them were. Yurian Cervail and Eldo Evans, my closest friends. I noticed my hair fall, and pulled it behind my ears.

Wait. My hair? It's golden again! Was all that had happened a dream? Or is this a dream? Whatever it is, I want to stay here forever! "Charlotte looks frazzled..." Eldo smiled while saying. Frazzled? No way! I hugged my friends tightly, and started sobbing. My tears streamed down my cheeks, as I mumbled while crying, "I missed you guys!" They hugged me back and comforted me.

Ring! Ring! "Ah!" I shouted as I woke up with a start. I heard a loud ringing sound throughout my room, when I suddenly heard my mother's voice, "Kids, there's an assassin. Esc-" She did not get to finish her sentence, but I immediately understood the whole situation. I left my bed, and locked the door shut. I proceeded to carry my bed against the door, so that no one could enter. Then, I opened the toilet door. It appears that Eleanor had opened the door the same time as me.

"Charlotte, we need to escape as mom had just said. Open your window and jump off." My goodness! Is she stupid or what? Does she actually want to me jump out of the window when we are on the 3rd floor? Even if I survive, that doesn't guarantee she survives. Also, we don't have any resources and we can't just abandon Ezra! "Okay. There are a lot of problems with your idea. So, listen to me. Firstly, lock your door and carry your bed against it. Secondly, pack a small bag which consists of a water bottle filled to its brim, and a wallet filled with as much money as you have." I instructed to my sister.

Eleanor nodded to show that she understood, and headed to do what I just told her to do. In the meantime, I grabbed my phone and called Ezra. "Charlotte, is everything okay?" He said almost immediately. "Yes, everything is okay. Listen to my instructions." I reassured Ezra before telling him what I had told Eleanor. I was packing my small bag, when I remembered the metal poles. I opened my wardrobe again, and removed them. I showed them to my sister.

"Eleanor, I'll be bringing this with us." I told Eleanor. Eleanor nodded, and I guess she was fine with it. I stepped into Eleanor's room, and this time, I managed to catch its details. Her room was a pale brown, unlike my light purple. Her room colour made me feel refreshed, as I breathed in th air which smelled light lavender. Ding! I checked my phone, and saw that 2 people had texted me.

Yurian: Charlotte, my father told me to tell you that a suspicious person entered your neighbourhood.

Eldo: My father too.

Eldo: Do you want me to send you some people?

Yurian: I can send some people too.

Tears welled up in my eyes, as I could not believe what I was seeing! Yurian and Eldo were in this world too! I should have guessed it. But how do they look like now? Do they still look the same? I replied to them.

Me: I'm okay

Eldo: Sure?

Me: Yes

Yurian: okay... See u tomorrow!

Me: okay

*Knock Knock* Gosh! Worst timing ever! I wiped my tears and grabbed one of the metal poles. I rushed to the door and growled at whoever was outside. "What do you want?" "I'm just checking if you're okay." He then went to Eleanor's room, and knocked on it. Does this guy not know that our rooms are connected? Well, that's a good thing. It means we don't have an infiltrator. "Why are you doing this?" I asked him. Since there's a chance that the assassin is skilled in martial arts or very strong, I needed to buy some time.

I pointed at the window, and tried to show her that we needed some string. She took out 3 balls of yarn from her wardrobe, and I nodded my head. "If I have your family's wealth, I would no longer need to work for the organization. I can just run away with the money." He's definitely lying. Assassins work for money. They always have someone behind them. "Who is you contractor?" I questioned him. "Hmm, who do you think would want to kill you?" He responded saying. However, I definitely don't know who would want to murder this family. I turned to Eleanor, but instead of her usual smile, she was fuming with anger. What is wrong with her?