Chapter 8: The school trip, suspicious men

"Also, we will be having a school trip to celebrate the change of class. Though it will only be for a month..." Teacher Lucy said. "However, the hosts have asked the school to not reveal their identity. Therefore, if any of you want to ask, I can't tell you." She continued saying. "As long as we get a school trip, it does not matter!!" And... that's what written on everyone's faces.

"Charlotte, do you want to buy bubble tea together after school?" Eldo, who sat diagonally in front of me asked. I agreed, when June Milver walked towards us. "Hey..." She said, her face all red as she placed a pack of cookies on Yuielle's table. "I heard that you like cookies, and I also saw you eating them in the cafeteria. They were made by Eleanor Bellechester, right? They're not very good, so eat these! These are made by one of the top bakers in the world!"

"Sure..." He replied and picked up the cookies. He started munching into the cookies, and I could tell that May Milver was very happy. "Hey! How dare you!" Eldo stood up and shouted. "The ones Eleanor baked are much better!" She continued saying. "Shut up! What he wants to eat is his choice!" *PFFT* "Hey! To be honest, she's not wrong!" "Ha! Heard that! My family's baker is much better than Eleanor Bellechester!" June smirked and responded. This is getting out of hand... Maybe I should step in... Just then, crumbs flowed through June's hair and dropped onto the ground one by one.

"What's wrong is that your baker's cookies are not as good as Eleanor Bellecheser's." Yuielle said, as his shadow loomed over June. "When you told me that your baker's cookies were tasty, I expected them to be better than Eleanor's. But your cookies are not very nice." He calmly stated as he glared at June. June slowly turned her head, and her eyes met with Yuielle's. "From now on, I declare that I only eat cookies made by Eleanor Bellechester's" He added. "So Charlotte, you'll bring me cookies every day, right?" He stroked my head as his expression changed from that angry expression to a joking expression.

"I must have misjudged you! To think that you treat that worthless brat as your friend" She said, disgusted. I couldn't hold in my laughter and patted Yuielle's head too. "Of course we're friends!" I told her. She was already shaking in anger, and she returned to her seat. I must admit, it is surprising that Teacher Lucy did not even ask us to sit down or scold us! I took a glimpse at her, and noticed that she was shaking, and clenching her teeth. [trying to supress laughter] She seemed to have made eye contact with me, and she struggled to look serious again.

Before long, it was the last period. When we reached the school gate and was about to leave, a voice called my name, and I came to a halt. "Charlotte..." *Pant* I turned around, and was greeted by the exhausted expression of my art teacher. She had one hand on her hips, and was panting non-stop, while looking at the ground. "Teacher? Are you okay?" I said as I help her stand properly. "Yes..." I helped her walk to a nearby bench, and she asked, "Charlotte, do you remember the painting you painted?"

"That painting? You mean the one with the snowy background?" I inquired. "Yes! Because of how beautiful it is, I couldn't help but send it to the best art company in the country. Although I know that your family is the one managing it, I can't help but want to showcase your talent!" She replied. "I-I see... And" "And I would like you to enter the global Art competition that is held once every 4 years. It would be a chance to compete internationally, and nobody would take a step back and let you win since they are also from wealthy families." She responded. "So, you want me to participate..."

"Yes!" She exclaimed. "I'll discuss it with my family, and tell you tomorrow before leaving the school for the school trip." I told her. When we reached, Yurian, Eldo and I each ordered our own respective drinks. "Charlotte, so the reason we asked you out today was to show you this video." Yurian explained, as she swiped out her phone. "Yeah, and besides, it's been a while since we went out together." Eldo added. "But Charlotte, the assassin... is it Raphael?" Yurian asked. "Assassin? No, I beat him up and sent him to the police station." I said with my best poker face.