Prologue

You may think that being born as an imperial crown princess would be amazing, but it's not. Being the only child of the family, I had to go to war. My ill father could not due to his broken legs. He could not carry out the duties of an emperor, and so I, Charlotte Bellechester, the crown princess, had to be the one to do it. I led the soldiers to war, and signed many documents, while my sick father laid in bed every day, wondering if that day was going to be his last. I thought that if war ended, the needless fights would cease, and I could lead this empire down the right path.

Despite everything, I still had some friends. For example, the vice-commander. Having said that, she died too. *Slash* I cut off the enemy's head. I wanted to cheer for myself, but I could not. I looked around the bloody battlefield, and realized that there was no one. I felt something under my foot, and lifted it off the ground. I saw the vice-commander's silver-ish hair which she would often brag about. It was dirty right now, and her hair seemed like she did not wash it for a few months. I picked up the enemy head, and left for the capital with a heavy heart.

When I reached the capital, it was in ruins. From my angle at the top of a hill, I could see smoke rising out of the capital. I could hear the screams of the nobles and commoners. I could also smell the lingering scent of gasoline. Even if I rushed to the capital now, I would probably not be able to save a single soul. "Haa..." I sighed, finally putting the puzzle pieces together. All this time, my efforts were in vain. The war was nothing but a decoy to distract me, after all they all knew how formidable of an opponent I was.

I removed my scarf and wrapped it around the handle my knife. According to legends, if you wrap a scarf around a knife, you would be able to die a peaceful death. The scarf and knife were parting gifts from my best friends, Yurian and Eldo. Tears welled up in my eyes, and I looked up at the moonless sky. If only I wasn't so stupid as to leave the capital. If I had just stayed there, would things have changed? I wonder how father is doing? How is Yurian and Eldo?

My tears flowed down my cheeks, and dripped helplessly on the grass. At least, my tears can help the grass survive. [Dramatic] Did I save a life now? I slit my throat and blood poured out of my neck. *Clang* The knife and scarf, fell onto the floor, and so did I. I must have been blind, seeing that the enemy's head was smiling at me, thanking me. Grateful that I had fallen into their trap. Using my last bit of strength, I stabbed the enemy's head with the knife I had picked up once again. Today, I, Charlotte Bellechester, takes my last breath. I guess I would no longer be able to see this world ever again. At least that was what I thought...