Chapter 12: Evolved, magic??

Ok... I sat down on my bed in a yoga position. I closed my eyes, and as expected, the mana thread was still there. I pulled the thread and followed its direction. It was as if I was in a house. A dark house that resembled a palace in my past life. I was in my old bedroom. The lights were off, and there wasn't any sound at all. *Pant*I flinched, and looked in the direction of the forest.

Beside the palace was the great Alethea Forest. There are many legends about the forest but they were all about people perishing. Therefore, nobody ever stepped foot in that place. If the sound came from the forest, it meant that it could possibly be a demon. Then again, do demons pant? I don't think so. I stood up, and walked out of the palace.

I remembered my real location, and opened my eyes again after shutting them tightly. I found myself still standing in that imaginary place. My gut feeling was telling me that I have to go in that forest if I want to escape this place. Still, will this give me back my powers? I continued walking, and eventually I stepped in the forest.

I could hear the sound of someone panting non-stop. From the sounds of it, it is a teenager. The number of times he is breathing per minute... He's hurt. *Drip* I could hear the sound of blood and sweat dripping helplessly on the ground. I flinched, and looked in that direction. The Alethea Forest was quiet and eerie.

Then suddenly, BANG! It was the sound of gunshot, or maybe something else. I closed my eyes, and I could hear the sound of blood splattering and birds flew away, scared for their lives. From the scent, the blood came from a human and something else. Is it a demon? Sweat trickled down my forehead, to my cheeks, and my chin. I gulped down some saliva as my eyes turned wide.

What is happening? Curiosity took over, and my legs moved without my consent. I walked, walked, and walked. Every time I took a step, I could hear the sound of my feet coming into contact with the leaves scattered all over the ground. *Snap* My palms felt sweaty, as I carefully lifted up my foot. Like last time? Will I see a dead body, like the vice-commander?

My long hair fell down, and blocked my view. I was partially thankful, but annoyed that I have to feel this urge to not open it at all. With trembling fingers, I pushed my hair behind my ears, and looked down. It was... a twig. I sighed, before hearing the sound of the same person panting again. His breathing rate was increasing, and I could tell that he was running.

I continued walking, still thinking that below my feet are the bodies of my dead comrades. All I could think of was how sorry I was, and how much I would like to make it up to them. After walking a while longer, I was greeted with a person. Unlike this dark and black forest, there was a pair of glistering, blue sapphire-like eyes before me.

"Who..." The person whispered. I did not answer him. All I did was look at how pretty this person was. He was a teenage boy. His voice was deeper than a female, but he had very delicate features. He was impossibly beautiful, and much prettier than anyone I have seen so far. However, despite how beautiful he was, he was injured.

He was the person I hurt panting, and no doubt, the blood which I smelled just now, it was this person. Just then, thunder crackled, and a gust of wind blew. The leaves of trees rustled, and more leaves fell down onto the ground. The boy's hair also covered his face, and I remembered how mine did too.

Thankfully, my hair was behind my earsx and I could see how beautiful this boy is. The boy closed one of his eyes, and I guess something went in. He used his hand to push his hair behind his ears, causing his silver hair to be stained with blood, and his cheek to be slightly bloody. Immediately, he used his hand to support his body by holding a nearby tree.

The tree was quite sharp, and the boy's blood trickled down. The boy seemed like he did not care, and just stared into my eyes. Oh! I forgot. My eyes were sapphire-like right now, like this boy. The boy's other hand was clutching his stomach that was bleeding profusely. Again, he was unfazed.