Chapter 3: A new brother, the fight

"Do you mean the Milver family?" Eleanor replied. Milver? The one who poisoned me? "Well maybe." The assassin answered. "No one would dare. The Bellechester family is the 5th family. Charlotte is close to Yurain and Eldo. Yurain and Eldo are each from the Cervail family and Evans family. The Cervail and Evans family are also the 2nd and 3rd family. Besides, I'm sure we did nothing to provoke the 1st family, the Lesrie family. In contrast, the Milver family, hates us since they're worried that our family would overtake theirs and become the 4th family," Eleanor angrily yelled.

The assassin seemed speechless, but then he sneered at us, "So you sisters live in the same room? Or are your rooms connected? But that doesn't matter right? Since I doubt Ezra Bellechester lives in the same room as you girls." Crap! His target is Ezra now! "Eleanor, we need to climb down." Eleanor nodded and she threw down the ball of yarn after unravelling it. "Ezra, the assassin is going for you. I'm going to climb down, and I'll throw you a ball of yarn." As soon as I finished, I could hear someone banging on Ezra's door. Damn it! Anyways, mission to escape from this house shall commence!

I opened the window, and threw the string down. Man, it's a good thing Eleanor is into crocheting, which uses yarn. I started crawling down, and when I reached the bottom, I signalled to Eleanor, and she threw me our small bags. I caught them easily, and soon, she started climbing down. I signalled to Ezra, and threw him a ball of yarn. After a while, I saw a string get thrown down. "Stop!" I heard a familiar voice say. I turned around only to see the assassin. It is like so obvious that he is the assassin. I mean who dresses in all black. Wearing boots, long baggy pants, and a weird mask [Black cloth], and a black bandana. It covered all parts of his body making it look like he was a woman from a country which has discrimination on women.

I gave them my small bag, and said loud enough so that the assassin could hear, "Don't worry about me. We'll meet at the usual spot." They looked reluctant to leave, but they left anyways. I turned back to the assassin and he asked, "Where is the usual spot?" Well, there was no usual spot. It was just an excuse used to trick the assassin. He will probably go easier on me since I have the information he needs. He took out two knives, and I noticed that they were both really clean. "So you did not kill my parents!" I probed. That totally changed my perspective towards him. Maybe I can go slightly easier on him...

He dashed towards me and tried to use the knives to cut me. I dodged in time, and slid through an opening which was in between the assassin's left leg and the wall. I got up quickly, and used one of the 2 metal poles to hit the back of his knees. He moved a little, but it barely injured him. It was clear that he was strong, but I am definitely stronger than him! He dropped the knives and tried to punch me, but I dodged it by lowering my head. I proceeded to using my fist to punch his stomach.

"Ugh!" He grunted in pain. I grinned and kicked him with my left leg, before turning and kicking him with my right leg. The assassin was about to fall, and I hit him at his neck, causing him to collapse on the ground. As he was unconscious, I used the last ball of yarn and to tie him up. I left him to lean against the wall, and removed his mask. I saw a boy around my age? Is he doing this kind of work when he is this young?

So when he said that he would get abandoned, he meant that his assassin friends would leave him. In my past life, assassins were only worthy when they managed to kill all their targets. If they fail even one mission, they would get kicked out of the assassin guild. Besides, this guy does not even have a family, so he has to be quite good to be able to survive in the assassin guild since he is still so young. He probably learned to fight from young, like me.

Also, I think I know why the assassins took him in. Who wouldn't when their job is to kill? This guy has such a depressing and creepy aura around him. But in the inside, he's just a small and lonely boy. I can totally relate. In my past life, my mother died giving birth to me, and my father was bedridden most of the time.

My father did not remarry, but he did fall in love with another woman. However, she did not become the empress as she fled the palace. She gave birth to a son who was 2 years younger than me. 8 years ago, when I was 10 demons appeared and took my brother away. That was the last time I met him. I had no one who cared about me, and because of that, I was really lonely every day.

That was until I met Yurain and Eldo. Yurian and Eldo were the ones who filled the gaps in my heart. In the empire, there were only two ducal houses, the Cervail duchy and the Evans duchy. They were also the ones who help in the creation of the empire. However, both houses had been on bad terms since the beginning. The main reason was because both houses were equally powerful, and were only second to the imperial family. This also means that if the imperial family were to die, one of the two ducal houses would be able to become the emperor. Nevertheless, they will never betray the royals as there was a significant difference between us.

The head of the families got into a fight, each claiming that they're daughters would become the next flower of society. Apparently, they wanted to go to war. I was so close to demoting both families, but thankfully, I did not have to. Yurian and Eldo met by coincidence without knowing each other's identities. Rumour has it that they found out who each other was on my 16th birthday party.

After that, I asked them to help me resolve the problem between their families as it was huge headache to me. They wanted to meet me again, so I agreed. Agreeing to meet them was probably the best thing I ever did in my life, as if I did not, I wouldn't have been close to them. After our meeting, they solved the problem easily, and I was horribly thankful towards them.

Before long, I became very close to Yurian and Eldo. We ended up going to the same acadmey, and ended up in the same class! However, happy moments don't last long. When I tuned 18, I had to go to war. For our parting gifts, Yurian gave me a beautiful knife, while Eldo gave me a pretty scarf that was soft and comfortable. They were the ones I used... to commit suicide.