Chapter 9: The school trip, in the cave

We checked into the hotel, and we were getting ready for the hiking trip. I made sure to pack everything, before leaving the hotel. Outside the hotel, there was a black cat. The black cat did not have a collar, so it was probably a stray. Still, this cat was sending shivers down my spine, and I had a bad feeling something would happen today. "Charlotte." I looked up and saw Raphael. "Charlotte, who do you think those men were from yesterday?" "They were probably from the Milvers, but to be so weak?" "Then are they from the Lesries?" He questioned. "I thought about that too, but it doesn't feel right? Did we do something to offend them?" I replied.

Besides, Eleanor told me that they have too many problems too handle. "Raphael, Char. The teacher told me to come and get you. We will be leaving in 5 minutes." Yuielle, who appeared from nowhere told us. "Char?" Raphael asked. "That's my nickname. You can call me that if you want." I responded saying. Soon, we headed to meet with the class and started the hiking trip.

"Char, what were you talking about with Raphael."Yuielle asked as he walked beside me. "Oh, just a little worried that the Milvers caused trouble." "Ow!" I tripped on a rock as I fell down. Yui helped me sit up, as both he and Yurian asked simultaneously if I was okay. "Yurian, you should go first, I'll catch up." I told her, as she left. "I'll go get a first-aid kit." Yui said before leaving.

I looked up, and saw the dazzling sun. My vision of the sun was obstructed as a dark silhouette stood before me. His/her hand reached towards me and pushed me. I staggered backwards and fell into a lake. I could feel myself drowning, as me senses seemed to be shutting down. I struggled to breathe as I squirmed around. I barely managed to open my eyes, and I could make out a person, no, two people. Both had long hair, so they're probably girls. They stood up, and ran away.

At this point, I felt like my short time in this word may just have been a passing dream. When I wake up again, will I see my family? No, will I even wake up? After all, even in my past life I was already dying, or dead even. Right now, I may be on my way to die, but I could still laugh. I laughed madly at myself for thinking that the past few days was real. I did enjoy my short time, but if I have to choose between going back and now, I may actually choose staying.

If I get to go back, will I be able to be happy? My empire is destroyed, my father is probably dead. "Charlotte, I guess you should just die." I mumbled. But then, how about the promise I made to mom? Didn't I promise her that I'll be happy? If I die, will the old Charlotte Bellechester of this body come back? "Char, I told you to be careful, didn't I? I'll come find you soon! You better stay safe!" The voice that I heard this morning boomed. Calling me 'Char'? It's as if this person knows me.

Now that I'm balancing between Life and Death, I seem to be having lots of regrets, eh? So many choices which I should have chosen, yet I did not. Why? Because I was stubborn? Because I was stupid? "Charlotte!" I felt my body being lifted off the water, and I felt incredibly warm. "Are you okay?" Before I managed to see who that was, it started pouring. "Lucas..." I muttered.

When I regained my composure, I was in a cave. I looked around, and saw Yui. So he was the one who saved me... "Char, are you okay?" "Mmm hmm." Later, Yui explained that after getting the first-aid kit, he came back to find me. He also said that he saw me and that I was drowning. He jumped in and saved me. "...Then it started to rain. You were mumbling to yourself about-" "About?" "Nothing." He quickly added. I didn't want to pester him, and quietly lied down on the rocks behind me.

"Do you need water?" "Totally!" I exclaimed, amazed that he could read my mind. I was feeling pretty good, and wanted to help Yui. Nothing came to my mind as I could not even give him money for my bag was probably floating somewhere along the river. "How about a massage!" I cried. "NO!!!" He yelled, disgusted. I was shocked, but I assumed that it was because he did not like massages or that he was just ticklish.