2 : Turnaround

The sun set in the west. The late afternoon sunlight covered the sky.

Jungkook stood in front of the floor-to-ceiling windows in the office on the tenth floor, surprised at why he was in the mood to admire the setting sun.

Perhaps, because she came back.

Tzuyu opened the door to see lawyer Jeon with his back to her standing in front of the windows. He held a cigarette in his hand and had a desolate appearance …… Desolate? Tzuyu simply doubted her own eyes. Can this word be used for Lawyer Jeon who has always been full of confidence, calm and collected?

Jungkook heard the door open, turned and asked: “What is the matter?”

“Oh,” Tzuyu snapped out of her own thoughts and quickly said: “Lawyer Jeon, Vice President Jang of Hong Yuan Corp. has arrived.”

“Invite him to come in.” Jungkook push away his chaotic train of thoughts and wholeheartedly engrossed himself into his work. He glanced at the clock on the wall——five o’clock, but she had not come yet.

Finally, he sent away Vice President Jang, Jungkook wearily leaned back in the chair and closed his eyes to rest. Suddenly, a large palm slapped his shoulder, Jungkook grudgingly opened his eyes. “Kim Namjoon.”

After graduating from university, he declined postgraduate study offer and instead started work in”‘Kim Min Law Firm,” which has now been renamed as “Kim Min Jeon” since he became one of the partners. Namjoon and another partner Min Yoongi were also University C alumni. Yoongi graduated a year earlier than him whereas Namjoon graduated many years ago.

The tall, sturdy and big person who looked more like a bandit leisurely sat down across from him and arrogantly crossed his legs. “What do you plan to do later?”
Jungkook said without looking up: “Overtime.”

“Cannot be la!” Namjoon shrieked. “Hey, today is the weekend!”

“So what?”

“So what!” Namjoon repeated his words and shook his head. “This really sounds like something a cold-blooded, ruthless and workaholic Jungkook would say.”

Jungkook squinted. “I certainly did not know you are so good at rhetoric.”

“NO, NO, NO.” Namjoon shook his hand. “This is the consensus from all the females who know Jungkook.” Namjoon leaned forward. “Jungkook, I have been wanting to ask you, actually are you gay or have an unmentionable illness?”

“Regarding this kind of silly nonsense, only someone who is crazy will pay attention to it,” Jungkook thought. Tzuyu came in with two cups of coffee, and Jungkook asked her: “Did a Miss Kwon come today?”

Tzuyu thought for a moment, shook her head and said: “No.”

Jungkook grunted to show that he heard and said to Tzuyu: “I don‘t have much to do here so you better go home early.”

Tzuyu shook her head and said: “I’m in no hurry. Lawyer Jeon, when are you leaving? Do you need me to help you to buy something to eat?”

“No need, thank you.”

Tzuyu got the message and left with a disappointed look on her face.

Namjoon laughed heartily: “Hey, pretty girl Tzuyu is interested in you. An office romance, oh that doesn’t sound bad!”

“She is a decent girl so you better not say such nonsense.” Jungkook warned him.

A heart of stone! Namjoon subtly shook his head. Jungkook’s attitude towards women has always been courteous and thoughtful, but never more. All these years, who knows how many women have had their hearts broken by the name of “Jeon Jungkook.”