Epilogue 1.2 : Somi

Actually, I’ve always felt Jungkook didn’t really like Lalisa that much, even though he admitted that she was his girlfriend.

I remembered I once pretended to be curious and asked Lalisa, how did you know each other and start dating?

She shook her head, dug her brain and stuck her tongue out, appearing very playful: “Pester.” Then, she tugged at Jungkook’s sleeve and asked, “Is that right?”

Jungkook snorted and ignored her.

There seemed like not much difference in the way Jungkook treated her compared to others. He always appeared cold and indifferent, not talking much and his action also did not seem intimate. Normally when they were walking, if Lalisa did not pull him, he’ll walk in front by himself. One time, Lalisa complained to me: “Somi, do you think Jungkook really like me? A few days ago, I restrained myself from contacting him, but he did not think of contacting me ……”

The ink black eyes which looked at me were full of grievances.

I said: “You try by pretending to lose your temper and see if he will come to coax you.” Jungkook always disliked people who cause trouble without reason. I also felt I had bad intentions in suggesting this idea.

“He definitely will not.” She never even thought about it but shook her head right away and said dejectedly, “Anyway, I don’t dare.”

The longer I got to know them, the more I felt Jungkook accepted Lalisa probably merely because of momentary loneliness.

She must be simply a short interlude in Jungkook’s life and will soon disappear. Because they were so unsuitable, one cool-headed and reserved, but the other passionate and impulsive. One too matured whereas the other too naive. I only needed to be patient, to wait for Jungkook to realise they were so unsuitable for each other.

However, that scene in the quiet garden shattered all my confidence.

As it turned out, at a place where I couldn’t see, they were like this.

Such intimacy ……

Such ……
That scene in the quiet garden kept appearing in my mind. I turned over on the bed and buried my head in the pillow. After several days, whenever I thought of that scene, I still felt bouts of pain in my heart.

The lights in the dormitory had been turned off, but a few talkative roommates were still awake and talking about the guys in the faculty. I’ve never been interested in their discussions. This time, I could not help but took the initiative to ask: “If the guy does not really like that girl, will he kiss her?”

Immediately, there was an answer.

“As long as you don’t dislike, a kiss is nothing, even can go to bed. Somi, did someone kiss you?” One of my roommates asked excitedly.

I stared at the ceiling and did not respond.

Even you don’t like, you can still kiss. Therefore, was it possible that Jungkook actually did not really like her that much?

The roommate was still talking non-stop: "Somi, tell me, did someone kiss you? Don’t worry, if it is you, he definitely likes you. You’ve such good qualifications, look so pretty and also smart ……”

I listened to her talking incessantly in a daze.

Good qualifications, what was the use? He did not like me.

However, if Lalisa’s qualifications were a lot better than mine, perhaps I would not be so dissatisfied, but as it turned out she was not as good as me in many aspects.