Epilogue 1.3 : Somi

That day, I felt restless and went to C University to look for him.

C University had an unwritten rule, which is “Guys can’t go into the girls’ dormitory, but girls can go into the boys’ dormitory”. Therefore, there was nothing to hinder me from going to Jungkook’s dormitory.

Jungkook was not there.

Jungkook’s roommate knew me long ago, so the first thing he asked me was whether I was aware that Lalisa had left.

I was taken aback.

Before Jungkook came back, his roommate had already told me everything he knew. In the end, he wanted me to console Jungkook by saying that kind of heartless girl was unworthy for him to remember fondly.

After that, I did not pay attention to what he said. I envisaged a lot of scenarios, but I did not expect Lalisa would just leave. I kept wondering in my mind how she could simply go away? Was it really like what they said that in order to go abroad, she left without a word? Or it was because of what I said? Also, did she mention to Jungkook what I said?

When I was feeling restless, Jungkook came back from the law faculty. He appeared okay but seemed a bit haggard, gloominess appeared between his eyebrows and his eyes looked dark.

I stood up.

“Somi.” He called me faintly.

“Ah, I, I come ……” I did not know what to say, for a split second even a little panic. If Lalisa left because of what I said, I did not know what he’ll think.

He did not seem to notice my acting strange. Like before, he asked me what was the matter. I shook my head.

He did not say much, merely asked me to have lunch together.

We went to the cafeteria to have our meal.
If we didn’t go to the small restaurant outside, the cafeteria was the place we most frequently went. It was because Lalisa liked the very sugary, sweet and sour pork ribs prepared by the chef here. Every time, she also wanted to come early to queue up for fear of it selling out. The chef here probably knew her as he always gave her more than others. When she could not finish, she would use chopsticks to give one by one to Jungkook. In fact, he was not fond of eating sweet stuff, but it seemed like he never declined.

While we were eating, Jungkook was very quiet. Since he did not speak up, I also dared not say much. After finishing our meal and on our way out of the cafeteria, he said to me: “I’ll go to N University with you.”

The moment he said those words, I felt pleasantly surprised. However, his next sentence immediately wiped them away.

“Is Lalisa’s library card with you?”

“What ……” I said in a daze.

“Last time, she used her library card to help you to borrow that book “Money and Banking.” The library card was conveniently slipped inside the book.” He repeatedly mentioned her, but his facial expression was very ordinary all along and his manner of speaking was also quite stable.

“Oh.” I replied blankly.

We walked all the way to N University. The road was exceptionally quiet today. Jungkook had always been a man of few words. Previously, the atmosphere was lively because Lalisa kept on chattering with him all the way.

When we arrived at my university, he waited for me downstairs while I ran upstairs.

Before I’ve to write a thesis on Money and Banking subject, but the books for this subject matter in N University were very old. Therefore, I asked Jungkook to help me to borrow from C University’s library. Jungkook’s library card quota was full, so he used Lalisa’s library card.