Chapter two

The rest of the night was uneventful; Father eventually went to sleep and me and mom ate pizza together while we watched cartoons.

When we finished she kissed me goodnight and we both went to bed. The next morning when I woke up father was already gone without eating breakfast or greeting me.

Me and mom again ate alone. When she finished I got a good morning kiss and she went to her bedroom to read.

I hadn't started school yet but the year was approaching, My first year of highschool was starting up soon less than two months and Father was trying to get me to any prestigious school he could find.

However I kept getting rejected for all kinds of reasons.

My grades weren't up to their standards, I didn't stand out enough, I couldn't make their school look better by being an academic genius or a future athlete.

I never said anything, I just showed up to be interviewed, Said what I thought they wanted me to say, left, and waited for my rejection letter to come in the mail and be an even bigger disappointment.

Mom once suggested I just attend public school which made my father so mad she didn't dare say a word again for almost 3 days.

While she was gone I changed into some casual clothes and grabbed my notepad and walked out of the house and went to the nearby park.

I walked past kids screaming and laughing happily playing games and went uphill to a big oak tree that was very shady.

I sat down and started drawing, I wasn't drawing anything particular I usually don't, I was drawing a mom who was breastfeeding her baby while her son was pretending to be a pirate.

While drawing I could feel someone walking up to me. It's normal for little kids to walk up to me and ask what I'm doing then run away but when I looked up I saw a tall boy looking down at me.

"Hello?" I asked him as I stopped sketching

"Hey" He said with a smirk on his face

"Oh" I said uncomfortable, I didn't know who he was but oddly look familiar

Suddenly he grabbed the notepad out of my hands and flips through it

"Hey" I said and stood up which was a mistake because standing showed how much taller he was compared to me

"Are you drawing a woman breastfeeding? Your a pervert" He mocked me and kept flipping

"Give it back" I said trying to grabbing my notepad but he kept pushing and shoving me away

"Is this supposed to be your mom?" He laughed

"Guess it's hard to make an ugly woman look passable" He remarked which made heart skip a beat and made me so mad

Without thinking I punched him in the face making his nose bleed, As he held his nose he tripped over a tree stomp and rolled down the hill and his back hitting a red fire hydrant.

He screamed loudly in pain which made a group of people run to help him. I grabbed my notepad and ran the opposite direction, I took the long way home and once I got there I immediately went to my room and locked my door.

I sat on my desk chair and took deep breaths while holding my notebook close to my chest.

I looked at my notepad and saw spots of blood on it, I ripped the pages off, crumbled it, and tossed it out of the window.

I stayed in my room trying to calm myself down. Hours passed and father came home and we had dinner together. It was quiet until we heard a loud knock at the door.

Father opened the door and two police officers walked in. They said my name and my heart dropped into my throat.

I walked to them and saw the boy from earlier with a black eye, his nose covered in bandages, and he was in a wheelchair.

"This boy said you punched him in the face and broke his spine" The officer explained

"Is that true?" He asked me

I opened my mouth and closed it again. Seeing him broke my heart, he didn't deserve what I did to him, and it was all my fault.

"Yes" I answered making my mother gasp in shock and my father muttered something in disappointment

"Okay you're coming with us" The other officer said and grabbed some handcuff and got behind me to placed them on my wrists

"You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used against you in court of law; you have the right to an attorney if you cannot afford an attorney one will be provided for you. Do you understand these rights as I have read them to you?" He said to me montone as he put me in the back of the police car

I looked to see mom in tears and father just shaking his head at me as they walked back inside the house not looking back.