Chapter four

The last month was different to say the least, I wasn’t allowed to go outside in fear of doing something to someone else.

I was eating breakfast with mom and then just being in my room. My computer and notepad was packed with my other stuff and I wasn’t allowed to touch it so all I could do was be in my room.

Mom started sneaking me books she knows I like to read and she would also sneak me my favorite food and snacks.

Father refused to talk to me unless he wanted to ask me to come eat dinner, or asked me to clean, other than that he acted like I didn't exist which frankly means our relationship hasn't changed much.

The week before school was coming up and I was all packed up, Me, mom, and father; waited outside as a black car pulled up.

On the side it saw “property of CLH”

“Get in” Father told him and started putting my stuff in the back
I got in the backseat and saw mom waving goodbye to me.

Once Father finished he slammed the trunk closed and told the driver to go and that was it, I started moving and saw mom still waving goodbye at me while dad walked back inside not bothering to look back at me.

The drive wasn’t long but with the lack of talking or anything to do it did feel like a drag. We finally made it and I walked to the main entrance, the car behind me immediately drove away so I was now completely on my own.

I walked into the building and saw a woman behind the counter texting, She looked up at me and I inhaled a small gasp. She was very beautiful, She looked like someone you see in movies not working at a desk of a boarding school.

“How can I help you?” She asked me showing off her perfectly white teeth

“I’m new” I simply said not knowing what else to say

“Name hon?” She asked me as she opened something on her computer

“Patroclus” I answered seeing he manicured hands type away

“Your name is Patraclus?” She asked me confused

“No Patroclus” I corrected her, people never got it right the first time or even the second time in some cases

“Hm” She said and kept typing

“I see you, Come on hon, I’ll show you to your room” She told me and stood up and walked around her desk

I followed her as we walked out of the building and went to a building that kinda looked like an enclosed apartment building.

“Paris” She said catching the attention of a man behind a desk

“Oh hey Helen” He winked making her giggle

“New boy, Here’s his room number and key” She told him and blow him a kiss as she walked away

“Welcome” He smiled at me and we walked to some elevators

He pressed number 10 and we started moving, We started walking down the hall and made it to a door number.

“256, Remember that” He told me and opened the door and gave me the key and walked away

I walked inside of my room and saw a small brown couch with a coffee table in the middle that had the holy bible on top of it, I opened the door and saw a bed with a desk next to it, I realized I didn’t have a closet just a dresser that was lend against the wall.

I laid down on the bed which felt rough and the blankets were scratchy, I ripped the sheets off and put down the sheets that were packed for me from home.

Then I started unpacking and trying to make myself more comfortable. As possible once I finished I texted my parents saying I got here safe and was left on read.

I just laid down on the bed and opened my phone and just started scrolling through Instagram. After a while I heard a knock at the door. I walked to open the door and saw a dark skinned girl holding a basket of muffins and fruits and next to her was a blonde boy holding a paper.

“Hi welcome to GLH, I’m Briseis and this is Achilles and were part of the welcome committee” She smiled as she handed me the basket

“Hi” He smiled at me and I could feel my body shake

He was gorgeous, he was tall, had soft blonde hair, blue eyes you could drown in, and a smile that could make you forget your own name.

“Hello” I said meaning to be greeting them both but I was only looking at him

“Come in” I said and let them in and shut the door behind me