Chapter Thirteen

It was the day I was dreading the most, It was the last day of school for Spring Break.

As I walked down the hall I saw all the boys around me practically skipping with joy talking about their Spring Break plans; Some were excited to see their parents, some excited to see friends, and excited to see girlfriends they swore they had.

I didn’t match their excitement however, I Hated the idea of coming home; I knew I wasn’t getting a warm welcome like the other boys were gonna get, I would be surprised if I got a hello when I get home.

To add to my bitterness Achilles wasn’t at school today, I heard some rumor that he had already packed up and went to go to his mom's house for spring break; which would explain why he’s been so quiet.

I turned in everything to all my teachers and afterwards I was pretty much alone with nothing to do. School ended 2 hours early which gave the boys enough time to go back to their dorms, pack up and wait for their buses or their parents to pick them up.

As I was packing up I got a message, I grabbed my phone and saw Achilles messaged me.

“Did you leave yet?”

“No” I texted back

“So you're at your dorm?” He texted back

“Yes” I texted back

“Okay awesome, come outside I want to see you before you leave” He texted me

I smiled and hurried my packing process and hurried downstairs pushing my way through crowds of voices hurrying to start their break. I returned my key and walked outside to see Achilles waiting for me. Some of the boys passed by him saying goodbye and giving him high fives.

“Hey you” He said and ruffled my hair

“How are you getting home?” He asked me

“Bus” I answered

“Cool I’ll walk with you” he said and took my hand as we walked

We walked very slowly. I wasn’t ready to go back to my palace of neglect and he knew that. As we walked we saw fewer and fewer boys until we were basically alone. My bus wasn't leaving for 8 more minutes.

We eventually got close enough where I could see the big yellow bus and some of the boys' heads from the small windows.

“Guess you have to go” He said and I turned to see him, He had a small smile but I could tell he was sad to see me go

“I guess” I replied and I locked my eyes into his

He looked so beautiful and he was still holding my hand and suddenly I couldn't think straight.

I moved my hand away and wrapped them around his neck and got on my toes and kissed him square on the lips, I could feel his body jerk slightly but then placed his hands on my hips and pushed me closer to me.

We stood their kissing for what was left like forever, I felt like the whole world was spinning, Achilles gently pushed away and a small strain of salvia fell from but our mouths.

Suddenly the joy and euphoria I felt slipped away and was replaced with horror and disbelief about what I did.

Before I could apologize he placed a soft hand on my cheek and smiled at me sweetly.

“I’ll see you after Spring Break okay?” He said to me and hugged mer close, I hugged him back and then I ran to make my bus

I got in and sat down and watched Achilles wave goodbye to me as the bus drove away.

The whole bus was full of laughter, cheering, and talking; but all I could do was just lay back and think about the huge mistake I made.