Chapter Nine

It was finally February and all the boys were excited for two different reasons. Reason number one is that Spring break is next month; And while some of the boys are excited to see friends, parents, and siblings I was dreading the idea.

I knew coming home even for just a for 2 weeks would be hell, Mother would probably try to act like everything was normal, Like her son and only child didn't put someone in a wheelchair, got arrested, and was forced away; She would probably act like I simply spent the night at a friends house and came home the next day to eat breakfast.

Father would more than likely not acknowledge me, he might greet me when I walk through the door and I'm sure we'll have a conversation about my grades which in fairness have never been better but he'll probably take the credit of my sudden burst of knowledge.

He will act like I never came home and would probably count down until I will be out of his hair.

The other reason for the boys excitement was today was Valentine's Day, In the beginning of February the school had this fun thing called

"Give your Sweetheart a SweetTart"

The whole idea was that boys could send small bags of candies to girls they liked and the girls did the same.

You had the option of putting your name or being anonymous, then you had the right to put the other person's name down and their class. That would mean someone could get candies in one class, two classes, or even all their classes.

They were very cheap, only a dollar so most of the boys kinda went crazy.

It came in two different colors. Pink was meant to be romantic. That meant they liked you. I heard some boys saying how they were gonna confess to their crush and I heard others say they plan on giving multiple girls red candies hoping one of them would say yes.

The other color was white which was meant to be seen as friendly, it's meant to show how much you appreciate your friends but I think most of the boys took it as an insult.

One boy even joked saying he would rather get kicked in the balls then get a white bag of candies.

Well today was the day and I walked down the hall and walked into math class, I sat in my seat and I saw a white bag of candies, I sat down and saw the candy was from Briseis.

"Wow" Said a random guy lending against my desk and too the bag of candy out of my hands

"You just got one from Briseis? She gives these to everyone just to be nice; How pathetic " The boy mocked me before I could say anything Mr. Diomedes came from behind him and smacked the back of his head with the papers he was grading

"Don't be an asshole you little asshole; At least he got something the only bitches in your phone is your mommy asking if you need more gold plated toilet paper to wipe your stupid ass" He told him while going thougth the papter

"Speaking of stupid you failed this" He added as the boy walked away angry and embressed

"Nice job" He told me and gave me my paper and walked to another boy

Class went by as usual and I walked out to see Achilles waiting for me, I noticed he was holding 4 bags of pink candies and 1 white candy bag.

I took his other hand and we walked to my next class. When I stopped in front of my class before I could even say goodbye a boy shouted his name from down the hall.

"Achilles my dude! You got like 6 candies on your desk all red!" He screamed

"I wish I had your game!" Another boy said screamed and laughed which made their teacher smack them both

"Have to go" Achilles chuckled and hugged me and walked to his class

I went into class and received no other candies but Mr. Odyssey decided to make today a fun day. He brought a cake and we watched E.T, Other than that the day went fast.

After my last class Achilles was outside the door with a plastic bag full of candies mostly red but some white; We walked to music class and Chiron told us to pair up again.

Achilles immediately went to me. Instead of playing next to me he taught me how to play another song, The song was Row, Row, Row your boat.

While Achilles quietly sang the dirty version of the song which took all my energy not to laugh at him, After we went to my dorm again with the intentions of studying but instead we just laid on my bed together.

My bed was small even for me so for Achilles to fit next to me we had to hold each other close which some might think would be awkward but I felt so relaxed with him.

"Want to share my candy?" Achilles asked me and reached to grab the plastic bag full of smaller plastic bags of candies

I nodded and he pulled out some chocolate kisses and unwrapped them and fed me one and put the other in his mouth.

"You got a lot of candies" I said stating the obvious

"Yeah" He said nonchalant

"Do you have a girlfriend" I blurted out shallowing my chocolate kisses

"No" He quickly answered and fed me another chocolate kiss in my month

"You you look like you have a lot of options" I said while chewing the candy

"I guess" Achilles shrugged and ate another chocolate

"What about you?" Achilles asked tuning his hold body around to face me

"What about me?" I asked confused

"Have any pretty girls waiting for you at home?" He asked his face so close to mine

"No" I scoffed and rolled my eyes

"hm" He smiled and pushed another chocolate candy in my mouth