Chapter 1: The Stranger

It's 1986, on a Sunday evening. You're in a car with your father. You had just sold your family home, as your father couldn't keep up with the payments. You loved your dad and he loves you, you know that he tries his hardest. He's a single father, your mother passed shortly after giving birth to you. Your father never blamed you for her death, even though you blame yourself. Your father always said you looked just like her, "you have her eyes" he would say. You never understood, partly because you never even seen your mother, only in photos, old ones at that.

The sky is a mixture of blues and purples, the sun tucked behind the trees in the distance, almost engulfed by the night sky. Your in an old pale blue Chevrolet. You have headphones on, listening to a song on your Walkman, Tainted Love by Soft Cell, your all time favourite. You gaze out of the car window. You stare at all of the old trailers, and see a dog barking from inside a chain linked fence. Your father taps your shoulder trying to get your attention, startling you a bit. "Hey, Y/n we're here." He says in a hushed tone, as if you couldn't tell from the car coming to a stop. You sigh and unbuckle your seatbelt, you step out of the car slinging your bag over your shoulder. You walk to the back side door reaching for the handle, but before you open the door of the car you look over the hood and see a van pull into the driveway of one of the trailers across the dirt road. There is loud heavy metal playing as the door opens and someone gets out. The person looks around. He suddenly makes eye-contact with you. His face is hard to see in the dark, but he had long curly hair, with some sort of sleeveless jean jacket on. He squints at you as if also trying to make out the details on your face. He turns around and enters his trailer. You stood there for a few seconds processing the moment with the stranger, before finally opening the back car door.
You picked up a big box with your name on it and made your way to the trailer home. Your father had already went inside and started unpacking his two boxes. There wasn't much to unpack as you had to sell most of the furniture to afford moving in the first place. You sat on the floor of your room and opened the box, it was full of your clothes, old photos, and a small painted box. You pull out the box, and open it. It's filled with your weed and rolling paper, you grin and get up off the floor. You walk out of your room and see your dad down the hallway on the couch asleep with a box slightly opened on the floor next to him. You pocket the painted box and walk down the hall. You sigh and pull a small blanket over top of your dad, before heading out of the trailer home.
You step out onto the so called porch, it's just planks barely sticking together. You look around the trailer park and spot a picnic table by the forest, you start heading over to the table. Once you make it to the table, you set the box down and take out your strawberry flavoured rolling paper and roll up a joint. You suddenly hear a twig snap from the forest, you decide to investigate.
You cautiously stepped into the forest, joint in hand. You peak around a few trees looking for the source of the sound. You hear large footsteps approach from the forest, you take a few steps back and suddenly bump into something. You jump and swiftly turn around. "Woah, didn't mean to scare you." The stranger from earlier said smiling with his hands up. You let out a deep breath, frozen, staring at the man. He looks you up and down "Okay.." he says a bit confused and pulls a strand of hair to his face. He spots the joint in your hand and drops the lock of hair "mind sharing?" He said looking at the joint with a smirk, and pulls out a lighter with a guitar on it. You look down "Oh, right." You say still a little startled from earlier. "You alright..?" He said with his expression changing to a more concerned look. "Yeah fine, just.." you turn your head and look back at the forest "Just a little spooked" you say turning back to face the stranger.  He lights the lighter  "Shall we?" He says grinning, bowing to you. You chuckle and light the joint on the lighter.
You and him are leaning against a tree by the entrance of the forest. You put the joint to your lips and inhale, he watches you as you blow out the smoke. You hand him the joint "So" he takes a puff from the joint and blows the smoke out slowly "What's your deal?" He says with his eyes closed and head up. He hands you the roll. "My deal?" You say before taking a hit of the joint. He chuckles "What's your deal as in.. why are you here, in a boring ol' town like Hawkins.." He said. You bite your lip and look down at your feet "well... it's just me and my dad," you say handing him the joint he nods while taking a hit. "We couldn't afford to keep our old house.. so we sold almost all of our belongings.. and moved to this shit hole of a town called Hawkins" there was a moment of silence "no offence" you add. "None taken" he hands you the joint, you slowly inhale. "I never got your name, stranger." He says grinning while looking at you blow out the smoke. You turn to face him . "Y/n" you hand him the joint, it's almost out. "Well, Y/n.." he pauses to take a hit. You watch him as he tilts his head up, you admire his jawline, and look down to see his collection of tattoos, some on his chest and some on his arms. He had already blown out the smoke and was staring at you smiling. You look back down to your feet, a little embarrassed that he caught you staring. He laughs "My name is Eddie, Eddie Munson" He said now looking forward. "Eddie? I expected something more... stoner-friendly" you say taking the joint from him, it was practically a bud at this point. You throw it down and stomp on it "Beggars can't be choosers" he said with a slight smile. "So Eddie" you say emphasizing his name. "Shall we go roll a few more and get high off our fucking minds?" You say jokingly, standing up away from the tree. "Sounds like a plan" he says wildly grinning. You walk back to the picnic table and open your box "Shit.." you say "I only have enough paper for one" you turn around and look at Eddie. He wildly grins at you.
Your sitting on the couch inside Eddie's trailer, high as shit. You exhale smoke slowly laughing a bit. You quickly hand the joint to Eddie, he inhales, pauses and then exhales in your face. You cough a bit "work on your aim Munson" you say laughing and swatting at the smoke. He starts laughing too "And who says I wasn't aiming for you?" He says leaning in. You roll your eyes and can't help but laugh. You take a hit, and this time you can feel Eddie staring as you do. You look over to him, and he continues to stare. You laugh exhaling smoke. He looks down at his hands smiling and fidgeting with his rings. You turn to face him, you pick up his hand and look at his rings. You take a hit as your admiring his rings. "You like em'?" He says chuckling a bit. You exhale smoke, "they're a bit much, but I like this one" you say pointing to one with a snake head on it. He looks at you as you admire his rings, you can feel his gaze on your face, your face goes a bit red. He puts his other hand on your thigh, you look at him. "Hey Y/n.." he paused "shit.." he takes another hit "I need to get more high for this.." you watch him smoke with his hand still on your thigh. You don't mind being this close to him, you scoot a little closer, trying to play it off as getting comfortable. He grips your thigh a bit as he coughs from inhaling too fast. You fidget your leg as it took you by surprise. You both continue to smoke in silence. After a long period of smoking in silence he finally turns to you, "Y/n..." he looks at your face and looks down at your lips, you do the same. You want to kiss him so bad, but that could just be the baked you thinking. You bite your bottom lip and look back at his eyes. Your both staring at each other. His hand sort of grips your thigh as if he's nervous, you can feel your cheeks blushing. He looks away and goes to remove his hand from your thigh, you hold it there. He looks at your hand, then at you. You both stare at each other for a few seconds. You slide your hand up his arm and go all the way to his shoulder, you play with a few of his curls before moving your hand to his cheek. He has a speechless expression on his face that makes you break and start laughing. You tilt your head back laughing, you can't help it. The way he sat there for you, and just looked at you was amusing. Suddenly he pulled himself on top of you and kissed you, you kissed back. He wrapped one hand around your hip and the other was gripping the couch arm.
You were full on making out, his hand would move up your hip, to your shoulder and back down. He adjusted his grip on the couch arm and you both kept kissing each other. He paused to look at you, your face was shocked but on the inside you loved every bit of what was happening. "Fuck Y/n.." he sat up straight, still on top of you. You prop yourself up and kiss him before he could continue his thought. He leaned into the kiss and moved both of his hands to your sides. You climbed on top of him as you were making out. His back arched a bit as you got on top of him, you both kept kissing each other. His hand slowly moved up your shirt and paused, as if asking for permission, you put your hand on top of his, granting permission. Both of his hands were on your bare skin, his hands were warm and exploring your back as you made out. He cursed under his breath. Your hand went to his hair and tugged a bit, he fucking whimpered. You paused to look at him, both of you are out of breath staring at each other. "Did you just..." you say with a small grin. His face was red, and his grip on your sides loosened, you could tell he was embarrassed. You want to laugh but don't want to make him feel bad. You snicker a bit and lower back down so you're face to face with him. You kiss him once, and that's all he needed to continue. You knew a weak spot of his so you would tug his hair every once in a while, making him whimper or curse under his breath.
After a few minutes you both got tired, you paused on top of him and buried your head into his chest trying to process what had just happened. He was confused and out of breath, so he wrapped his arms around you, comforting you. He propped himself up, as you stay face down on his chest.
You could feel his steady breathing, his heartbeat, you didn't want to get up. You closed your eyes enjoying the moment, you slowly drifted off.
You fell asleep in Eddie's arms.