Chapter 21: 86' baby

(🚨SPOILER WARNING! STRANGER THINGS VOL.2🚨 long one so get ready🫡. Also I'm going to make a sequel/continue this when stranger things 5 comes out. Ik that's far into the future but I had SO much fun writing this and the amount of support was crazy! I even got #2 out of 1.2k stories under Ynstories in my tags! )

The words fell from your mouth so smoothly, it just felt right. Eddie looks at you for a second, his smile grows bigger. He was clearly happy at you calling him his boyfriend. He looks at the guitar pick-necklace in his hands. He hands it to you "For you, sweetheart." You look at it for a second before quickly putting it on and giving him a light kiss on his lips.
The bats interrupt your guy's moment by clawing at the door, trying to get in. The three of you quickly run to the gate, in case anything went south and you had to make a quick escape. You go into battle formation,  standing back to back with Dustin and Eddie, making sure every angle is covered and protected.
You hold up your shield and spear, preparing yourself for when they inevitably break through the defences. They start slamming themselves against the walls, screeching. It's like they were communicating with each other, telling one another which ways didn't work. You got to hand it to them, pretty damn smart on their end.
Suddenly everything goes silent, the bats had stopped clawing at the sides of the trailer. "Hey dipshits! Give up that easy huh!" Dustin shouts, you and Eddie shush him before he provokes them any further, the last thing you need is to be mauled by bats from another dimension. "Is that really necessary!" You whisper shout, shoving Dustin a bit. You hear chittering from above you. The three of you look up. "They're on the roof.." Eddie whispers.
The three of you follow the many footsteps shuffling on the roof, spears up in case they find some way to get in. "Shit, shit, shit shit!" Dustin whisper shouts. There was a vent in the roof. "You think they can get in through there...?" You ask as the footsteps stop near it.
The room falls silent, the three of you were waiting for something to burst through there. Little do the bats know, you're ready this time and are prepared to stab the shit out of their little teeth covered faces.
A bat suddenly bursts its head through, screeching, signalling the rest of them that there was a way in. Dustin and Eddie yell, and waste no time, they start stabbing the hell out of it. "Die! Die!" They both shout. It wasn't dying fast enough.
You quickly scan the room for something to block the opening off with. You look at your shield full of nails, it'll have to do.
"Out the way! out the way!" You shout. They didn't move. You shove Eddie onto his knees so he's kneeling, you use his knee to step up and gripping his shoulder for balance. You shove the nails side through the vent on the roof, stabbing right through the bat. It's screeching stopped. You let go of the shield and it stays in place. You step down off his knee, patting his shoulder as he stands up.
The boys look at you out of breath. You just pulled of some type of movie shit. "That was the coolest thing I've ever done-" you say out of breath, wiping sweat from your nose. They nod, too out of breath to say anything.
"Are there any other vents?" You ask looking at Eddie. You don't think you can pull off another stunt like that. He looks at you for a second, thinking about it. A moment of realization hits him, changing his expression completely.
"Oh shit-" he starts running to one of the rooms down the hall. He swings the door open, you see a large vent by a bed. Shit.
A bunch of bats burst through the vent. You turn around grabbing Eddie's and Dustin's hands, bolting it back through the door, slamming the door shut behind the three of you. The bats start attack the door, breaking through it slightly. It won't hold for much longer, you guys need to make your quick escape, now.
"That's not gonna hold!" You shout. "Let's go! Let's go!" Eddie shouts holding his shield and spear up behind you guys, they will burst through any second. Dustin starts climbing the rope, you quickly go after him. You land on top of Dustin on the mattress. You guys scramble to get up, making room for Eddie to land. "Eddie come on!" You shout looking up at him. He shuffles back to the bottom of the gate and quickly drops his shield and spear. He starts climbing, looking at you. He pauses halfway on the make-shift rope.  He looks at you for a few seconds. He slowly slides down the rope. "Eddie.. Eddie!" You shout realizing he's not coming back up. He's going to play hero. "Eddie no! NO!" You shout as he picks up his spear and shield from the ground and cuts the rope, with one last battle cry.
"Eddie stop! Stop, stop, stop-" Tears start forming in your eyes, your voice cracks. "What are you doing!" Tears roll down your face. He looks up at you with a small smile, it was like something in him snapped. "I'm buying more time." He looks into your eyes for a few seconds, like it was the last time he'd ever see them. He looks away and lifts the mattress up off the ground so you wouldn't follow. He heads straight for the door, swinging it open. You hear the bats swarming out of the house. "Come and get me!" Eddie shouts, now outside of the trailer, stuck in the Upside Down.
Something in you snaps, you weren't about to waste time and let him just sacrifice himself. "Dustin help me up, now!" You shout, lifting the mattress off the floor and leaning it against the wall of the trailer. Dustin grabs a chair nearby and sets it underneath the gate, you take a few steps back so you can get a running start. You take a deep breath and start running you step up on the chair and jump up to the gate, gripping onto the vines. You couldn't pull your self through.
"Push me up!" You shout at Dustin, he lifts your legs up, allowing you to go through the gate. Your gravity shifts, making you fall onto the hard floor, you wince in pain, rolling onto your side. You slowly get up "I'm fine-" you say rubbing your leg. So much for not being able to pull another stunt.
You glance up at Dustin, who had also been crying, you could tell he was just as upset as you. "I'll bring him back. I promise." You say trying to give him some sort of comfort. You also planned to keep that promise. You grab a spear Dustin had left on the ground before he climbed the once attached rope. You make your way to the open trailer door.
You waste no time and run out the door with a small limp. You look both ways and see a swarm of bats chasing after Eddie who was biking as fast as he could in the distance. You start bolting after him.
Tears are running down your cheeks as you pick up your pace. You can only think of Eddie, the night you first met, how you bumped into him in the forest. It all replays. Him on the lunch table, his stupid devil horns. You blink, clearing the tears from your eyes.
"Come get me you sons of bitches!" Eddie shouts from his bike, in that same tantrum voice he speaks in. He bikes for a little longer before a bat knocks him off the bike, they immediately push him around. "Eddie!" You shout, you start running faster. He manages to get up run from the swarm.
He runs for a bit before pausing in the middle of the road, It's like something in him clicked. What the hell is he doing, you can't lose him. Keep running, Eddie, please. You wanted to yell at him so bad, tell him to keep running, but the words don't come out.
He turns to face the bats, taking the shield off his back. He holds his ground as the swarm of bats charge at him. He holds out his shield, blocking them as they fly right through him. He struggles to hold his ground, he turns his head to the side and makes eye contact with you. You kept your distance from the swarm as they passed, trying not to get hit.
Once the bats finally pass you run over to him, and immediately go back to back with him, the bats weren't going to give up on him. The bats start swarming you guys, like a tornado. You guys try and cover each angle, but you knew it wasn't going to end well. A bat goes for you, you stab it down. Eddie knocks a few bats down with his shield and spear. You guys were practically glued together, your backs pressing against each other.
You hear Dustin shout in the distance, he limps from afar. There were too many bats, you can't kill them all, nor could you keep this up for long. You look over your shoulder at Eddie, you promised you'd bring him back, and you plan to bring him back in one piece. If you pushed him out of the tornado he'd get hit in the cross fire, and if you guy's obviously can't kill all of the bats. Something crosses your mind, there wasn't much else you could do without getting Eddie seriously hurt, or risking something worse.
You turn and grab his shield, hooking it to your back, spikes facing outward. You tackle Eddie, pinning him to the ground. Using yourself as a meat shield. This wasn't the best option, but the safest for Eddie.  "Y/n what the hell are you doing!" Eddie shouts he struggles to get you off. Your head was just hovering above his. "One of us is going to make it out of this!" You snap back at him.
A bat goes straight for your leg, biting into it. You let out a small scream of pain. "Y/n!" Eddie shouts from beneath you. Other bats swoop down and try getting at your back, the shield was injuring a few that flew past it. One manages to get the shield off your back in one swoop. Two immediately go for your back, scratching and biting. You grip Eddie's shoulders in pain.
Tears roll down your face. You let out a cry "I'm not...I'm not letting you sacrifice yourself-" you try to form a sentence as bats tear at your back. It felt like a burning sensation. It's hypocritical you know, but you made a promise and you planned on keeping it.
Another bat bites into your side making you fall onto your elbows. "Y/n, please!" Eddie cries out. He tried to push you off.
"I love you, Eddie Munson." You say as the bats bite into you. You feel your arms get weak, you couldn't stay up any longer. You put as much strength as you could to hold yourself up. Your arms felt wobbly, you couldn't support them any longer. You collapse on top of him. Everything starts to go blurry, you can't see much, you hear Eddie and bats faintly screeching.
The bats suddenly start fall onto the ground next to you. Hundreds of them falling from the sky. You feel teeth unlatch from your sides, it caused even more pain. You wince. Eddie quickly turns you over in his arms "Y/n! Y/n! Please- oh god no-" tears fall from his face as he looks at you. Your face was pale and stained with blood, your clothes were full of blood, your arms were badly bitten, same with your legs.
Your back stings as his arms wrap around it. Dustin runs up to the both of you "Y/n...-" he says stopping in his tracks. He kneels down beside you both. "I Brought him back- right..?" You say laughing a bit, the burning sensation cutting you off. Dustin let's out a small sob.
Eddie rocks you back and forth in his arms, his lips pressed against your head. You didn't like seeing him like this. "It's your year Munson..-" You say, trying to comfort him. You wince in pain as he grips your torn up shoulder. You put on a false smile, trying to fight the amount of pain your in to make him feel better. "86' baby-".
He shakes his head, tears rolling from his face. You feel your eyes getting heavy. "I- I feel tired.. I think...——" You let out a few short breaths, you couldn't feel anything anymore, the pain stopped. You slowly close your eyes, you weren't sure if you were ready for death to embrace you yet, you felt terrified. Eddie's and Dustin's cries fade into a loud ringing sound. Everything went pitch black.