Chapter 18: Warzone

"Check this out. The Warzone." Eddie says holding out a flyer. It had weapons on the cover and explosions. Eye-catching.
"I've been there once, it's huge." He says pointing at a few of the guns in the flyer. Can't say you're surprised that your metal head, uh boyfriend? Friend? Whatever, you're not surprised that he's been inside a shockingly legal weapon store.
"They got everything you need for, uh... well, killing things, basically." Eddie nods. "Is that a grenade? I mean, how is any of this legal?" Robin says pointing to the grenade explosion. Fair point, but it's Hawkins after all.
"Well, lucky for us it is, so... This... This place is just far enough outside of Hawkins." He looks at the group. "As long as we steer clear of main roads, we oughta be able to avoid cops and, uh, angry hicks." He said. You could help but laugh a bit at 'angry hicks'. Eddie nudges you with a small smile.
"If we're trying to avoid angry hicks, maybe we shouldn't go to some store called the War Zone." Robin states, crossing her arms. She had a point, but again, not like you have any other choice. "Normally, I'd agree, but we need the weapons. So I think it's worth the risk" Eddie added. "Me too." You say trying to be a supportive, friend?
"But is it worth the time? It'll take all day to bike there and back." Steve spoke up. "Who said anything about bikes?" Eddie said with his signature grin. "You got some car we don't know about?" Steve asks cautiously.
"It's not exactly a car, Steve. And it's not exactly mine, but, uh... it'll do." He turns to Max "Hey, Red, uh, you got a ski mask or a bandanna, something like that." Max looks at him for a second, thinking about it. "I think I may have something." She says before rushing down the hall. The room goes silent for a few seconds. Max comes rushing back with a Halloween mask, specifically Micheal Myers.
A smile creeps up your face. Eddie looks at it for a few seconds, debating all of his choices up and till now. He rolls his eyes before grabbing the mask.
He puts it on and looks over at you. You fight back your laughter. He shakes his head before standing up. He was still holding tightly onto your hand.
You all quickly scurry out the door and stick to the side of the trailer, Eddie was leading the group. He pauses on a corner and checks to make sure no one was there, he looks back at everyone and signals to follow. God he's such a dork.
You guys run to the next trailer. Around the corner was an RV, there was an old couple just sitting out front watching a box TV. You quickly run to the other side without them noticing. Eddie tries the first window and quickly shuffles to the next one, it slides open. He kneels, letting you use his knee as a step. You quickly step and lift yourself into the window, landing in a make-shift bed. Everyone else piles in after you.
Eddie takes off his mask "That was suffocating.." he says getting up and hurrying to the front. He locked the RV door on his way to stop the couple from getting in once they notice. You follow Eddie to the front, he takes out a pair of pliers and hands you the bag. He pulls out a group of wires. He cuts two of them. Not going to lie, you thought it was kind of attractive.
"Where'd you learn how to do this..?" You ask watching intently. "Well, when the other dads were teaching their kids to fish or play ball-" he cuts more wires "My old man was teaching me how to hot-wire." He starts bending the open ends of the wires "Now, I swore myself I wouldn't wind up like he did, but now I'm wanted for murder, and soon, grand theft auto." He starts tapping the open ended wires together. "So, uh, I'm really living up to that Munson name." He turns and smiles at you as he continues with the wires.
Steve and Robin shuffle up interrupting "Eddie, I'm not sure I love the idea of you driving." She says, peering over your shoulder. "Oh, I'm just starting this sucker. Harrington's got her. Don't ya big boy?" He says with his Eddie grin. The car suddenly jumps to life at Eddie's last tap.
You hear a loud voice form outside "What the hell? Open this door!" An old lady bangs on the door. You and Eddie quickly shuffle to the back, Steve hops into the drivers seat "EVERYONE HANG ONTO SOMETHING!" Steve turns and shouts. Eddie grips onto you and falls onto a seat, you fall on-top of him.
"Oh my god! Let's go! Let's go!" Lucas shouts from the back. "Drive Steve! drive!" Dustin shouts, spitting everywhere.
The vehicle starts moving, quickly. You grip onto Eddie for the life of you, burying your head into his chest. "Holy shit!" You whisper shout.
Dustin looks out the back window "Shit, they look pissed."  He states the obvious. You were more focused on not letting go of Eddie, he held you with one arm and was holding onto a bar attached to the roof. "It's not everyday you lose your house and car in one fell swoop-" Robin says panicking.
"Hold on! Hold on!" Steve shouts, the vehicle takes a sharp turn, you're practically digging your hands into Eddie. The RV knocks over a trash can as it takes another sharp turn onto the road, passing the Forest Hills sign.