Chapter 16: 'Our home'

(🚨Season 4 Vol.2 spoilers ahead! If you haven't watched it don't read yet!🚨 also won't be changing the song!<3)

You were taken by Vecna's curse, trapped in the red fog.
"I've been so very busy." His raspy voice calls out. He killed Chrissy, Patrick, and Fred. You felt sick, you couldn't process what was going on.
You're engulfed into a memory, you see a boy getting his arm tattooed, '001'. "Not so bad was it? See, there's nothing to be afraid of." The older man speaks, you were in some sort of hospital room. "There's nothing to be afraid of, is there Y/n."  The old man's voice distorts into Vecna's. He wasn't the same man as before, he changed into something else. Vecna.
"Why don't you take a seat?" The distorted voice asks, gesturing to the chair that boy once sat in. You're panicking, you shove the door open into a hallway. You were inside some sort of hospital. There was blood, so much blood. Kids on the floor, blood everywhere. "Eddie!" You call out, trying to find some sort of comfort while you're trapped.
"Y/n..." the voice echoes through the halls, you start running, dodging the bodies on the floor. You run into a cornered hallway with a door blocked off with planks, it might just be a way out. You hear slow, loud footsteps from behind you. You try and break the planks, you manage to get two of them loose. "What are you doing? It's not time for you to leave." You turn your head and see that same decimated thing walking towards you. It was Vecna.
You quickly tear off the last plank and run through the door.
As soon as you enter, you see the same chair, desk and tattoo supplies as before. You were back in that room. You let out heavy breaths. "Now that you've seen where I've been..." the voice continues. You blink and the next thing you know it your in the chair, the hive vines strapping you down. You try and break free but it doesn't work. "...I would like very much to show you where I'm going." He continues.
He finally walks through the door, god he was even uglier than you had imagined. His body had tentacles moving throughout it, it made a chittering noise as if it was a separate being somehow merged with him. You turn your head away, not wanting to look at the sight.
Vecna slowly approaches you, he holds his hand out like a claw, hovering over your face. You wince, terrified.
"I want you to tell Eleven."
"I want you to tell her everything you saw."
Eleven was the girl Dustin had told you about, she had those superpowers. Why isn't he trying to kill you? Why did Vecna want you to tell her, you had barely known her. There was no time to think about it, your mind quickly shifts to what was going on, taking you back into a panic state.
"No-" You shout, still struggling to escape the vines.
His hand starts to strain, your eyes are filled with all of these images of a large gate forming in the centre of Hawkins, tearing everything apart. An army of monsters, one large particular creature. Death, so much death. You see Eddie, dead. It looked like a swarm of demo-bats around him, he was in the Upside Down, all of them were. "No!" You shout as the images keep flashing.
"Tell her, everything." He says one last time.

You shoot up, gasping for air. You blink a few times "Woah, woah, woah- hey- it's okay-" Steve says holding you up. You look around and you were still in the Upside Down. Steve and Nancy just looked at you, worried. You look up in the gate and see Eddie on his knees, staring back at you. You give a fake smile, trying to make him feel better.
Steve and Nance helped you get through the gate, Eddie immediately swarmed you once you landed. "Shit Y/n..I thought I lost you." He says holding you tight. "I thought so too.."  you mumble into his chest. He lets out a shaky breath before letting you go. You don't know why Vecna let you go, it's like he changed his mind, or he had bigger plans. You shake the thought.
Nancy and Steve went through the portal safely. Eddie was clung to your side, he wasn't going to risk anything. You guys quietly rushed into Max's trailer across the street. You couldn't stay near the gate anymore.
A few minutes pass, everyone was just sitting in silence. You were curled up lying in Eddie's lap, you wanted to sleep and you felt like you could. But something was holding you back, you could still feel Vecna apart of you. He is like a parasite.
You finally get up, Eddie tried to hold onto you longer but you leave his grasp. You stand up in front of everyone. They all looked tired, and upset. You guys can't stop now, Hawkins is still in danger.
You take in a big breath before speaking, everyone watched you. "Vecna, showed me things. Stuff that hasn't happened yet." You say to the group, remembering the flashing images. You shiver before continuing "There was a dark cloud over Hawkins, buildings were on fire, dead soldiers.." you pause trying to remember the rest, it was all so real "There was this giant creature..with this weird looking mouth-" Panic starts to set in "It wasn't alone, there were so many monsters..it was like an army." Everyone looks at each other, worried, scared. You look over at Eddie, he is just staring at you, he looked zoned out.
"These monsters, they were invading Hawkins, stores, homes, everything." You start fidgeting with your hands. "That's not all he showed me, he showed me you guys...you were.." you breathe shakily, not wanting to finish your sentence. They got the hint and took in a breath as-well, they were getting uneasy.
"Okay, but he's just trying to scare you, Right? I mean, it's not real." Steve says, trying to be reasonable. You were way passed reasonable, all of that could have been true. Eddie...
"Not yet." You say straightening up, and shaking the thoughts. Steve looks at you, everyone looks at you. They don't want it to be true as much as you do.
"I saw something else, he showed me gates. Four gates spreading across Hawkins. And these gates, they looked like the one outside of Eddie's trailer, but... they didn't stop growing. And this wasn't the Upside Down Hawkins. This was our Hawkins." The room was full of silence, you didn't know how to feel, but you're going to make sure none of that shit ever happens.

"Our home."