Chapter 14: Watergate

You were all rushing upstairs. Dustin had got the message and said to wait in Nancy's bedroom. You couldn't fully understand what he was saying but you caught something about a Lite-Brite.
All of you were waiting by the bed, for some sort of red dust to show up, indicating that they turned on the Lite-Brite. Eddie grabs your hand and squeezes, trying to get your attention. His cold rings hurting your knuckles a bit. You look back at him, he didn't make eye contact with you, he just stared at your lips. You could tell what he wanted to do, but now wasn't the time. You turn around, still waiting for any sign of Dustin.
There was just silence as you all waited for something to happen. The red dust slowly appears on the bed in front of you. "You guys seeing this?" You hear Dustin say from the other side. You smile and put your hand into the dust, moving it around a bit.
You liked how it felt, it just zapped your hand a bit. Everyone looks at the light, mesmerized. You could hear laughter echoing from the other side, Dustin obviously could see the light. As dark as the Upside Down was, this was honestly beautiful.
You kept moving your hand through the dust. Orange light would trail behind your finger tips as you did so.
"We are not moving it, but we're gonna unplug it. Stand by." Dustin's voice echoes. You pull your hand away from the dust, letting it settle so Dustin and them could unplug it.
The dust fades, but doesn't completely disappear.
"Okay, try it now!" He says.
You take a deep breath, you try and think of what to write first. You draw a small smiley face in the dust and snort a bit.
"Dot...dot-? smiley face! Haha!" You hear his voice echo, you also hear a few laughs. Everyone behind you laughs excitedly, you finally have a chance to leave the Upside Down.
You turn to Eddie and hug him, before turning back to the dust waiting for the next move. You had a huge smile on your face.
You try and think of a short way to tell the other side your guy's situation. "Uh..." You pause for a second before you start writing 'S-T-U-C-K'. You could hear Dustin reading it out from the other side.
Eddie bops his head out of excitement. "Yes- we are." Robin says responding to your 'Stuck' message.
"Uh, you can't get back through Watergate?" Dustin asks.
"The hell's Watergate?" Steve asks, it's like you have to explain everything to him. Watergate was straight forward. "Because it's in water, and it's a gate." Robin tries her best explains he simple term to Steve. He nods his head. "That's cute." Eddie says nodding his head as well.
"Uh- no.. it's uh-" You respond to Dustin's question before righting 'G-A-U-R-D-E-D'.
The gate was swarmed by Demo-bats.
"Okay uh, watergates guarded.." Dustin states the obvious. "We think we have a theory that can help with that!" His shouts echo.
"Yes, genius child.." Robin says bopping her head.
"We think that watergate isn't the only gate. That there's a gate at every murder site." Part of it gets cut off, and a little incoherent. But you can make out 'murder site'
"Does anybody understand what he's talking about?" Nancy asks. Everyone nods there head and says "No".
You quickly draw a question mark.
"Seriously? How many times do I have to be right on the money before you guys just trust me?!" Dustin throws a little fit.
"Jesus Christ. This kid's gotta get his ego in check.." Steve complains. Eddie bends forward to look at Steve "It's his tone, right?" He adds. "I know.." Steve mutters.
You roll your eyes before turning to Eddie "How far is your trailer?" You ask him, if Dustin is right then there should be a gate inside his trailer. Right where Chrissy..died.
"Uh, seven miles?" He replied. That's pretty far and you don't know if you can go any farther on foot.
"Uh Nancy, you know how your house here is, like, weirdly, creepily frozen in time and shit, but haven't you always had bikes?" Robin asked Nance with a smile.
You guys quickly ran down the stairs. Steve held the door open for all of you. You step outside and are instantly reminded how dark the Upside down was, red lightning cracks in the dark sky. You all wait out front while Nancy walks away for a minute or two, she walks back with four bikes. There were five of you and everyone had already grabbed a bike, and it's not like you were in the condition to bike seven miles anyways.
You guys were in a hurry so there was no point in complaining. Eddie pats the empty basket holder on the back of his bike "Your majesty." He says smiling at you. You put your hands on his shoulder to keep balance when getting on the back of the bike. Once you were on you wrapped your arms around his torso, your body was pressed up against his back.
He was warm.